Max Bird

Beardmm

Anyone have any idea when he is back playing? Not sure if I’m right, but our downturn in form seems to have coincided with him not playing. I think we miss the control that him and Hourihane playing together gives us

We badly miss him. I remember the match after he was injured and we battered Morecambe 5-0. People were saying we didn't need him, just pure madness. Hopefully he's back fit for our last 10 games of the season, secure playoffs and give them a good go and it's imperative he's fit and in form.

1 hour ago, inter politics said:

I'd risk starting him

Absolutely not. 

Wait to see how we're doing a half time or after 60 minutes. 

Playing him from the start in a game we should be fully capable of winning without him only risks aggregating the injury in a game he doesn't need to be playing in.

On 08/03/2023 at 21:32, Beardmm said:

Anyone have any idea when he is back playing? Not sure if I’m right, but our downturn in form seems to have coincided with him not playing. I think we miss the control that him and Hourihane playing together gives us

I think your'e spot on with that, I stated the same to my brother about our form since Max was injured and he agreed with me. Lets hope he comes off the bench in the 2nd half and gives the team the lift they need.

14 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

Absolutely not. 

Wait to see how we're doing a half time or after 60 minutes. 

Playing him from the start in a game we should be fully capable of winning without him only risks aggregating the injury in a game he doesn't need to be playing in.

So his injury could spread to two legs?    ?

18 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Must start next weekend. He is so important to this side. Smith needs a rest too

i thought the Sibley and Hourihane partnership in midfield on Saturday worked well , i would give it another go against Fleetwood , leaves one midfield spot up for grabs , Smith, Bird or Knight , good problems for the manager to have

• 2 weeks later...

Bird needs coaching better if hes playing that defensive mid role he needs to read the play better! Their first goal he stepped out chasing the ball rather then holding his position and  pushing them away from goal cost us the first goal. Im not saying its his fault but the role hes playing left us exposed at the back 

20 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Bird needs coaching better if hes playing that defensive mid role he needs to read the play better! Their first goal he stepped out chasing the ball rather then holding his position and  pushing them away from goal cost us the first goal. Im not saying its his fault but the role hes playing left us exposed at the back 

Are you available to offer your coaching expertise? I'm sure the squad would be very grateful for it.

25 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

I'll have to see it again but on the whole I think Bird reads the game very well indeed, and regularly steps in - I actually think it's one of his strengths.  I didn't note his positioning/movement on the first goal today though so will be interested to look.

[Edit: didn't realise the highlights would be up already! Yes, OK, he basically gets a triangle played around him as he pressures the furthest player and Hourihane is too far away to do anything about the runner. I'll agree he could have done better on that one, but ultimately we had enough behind him to stop the goal. Some credit for the scorer too for a good hit] 

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Are you available to offer your coaching expertise? I'm sure the squad would be very grateful for it.

Happily, im not saying im pep or anything but if your making him play that kind of role he needs teaching it! Its not like hes bielik or thorne who naturally play that role. Also think putting Barkhuizen right back is f***ing stupid i feel that he should be given a chance upfront with mcgoldrick just behind as he played it for preston and its when he was scoring alot for them 

7 minutes ago, jameso said:

I'll have to see it again but on the whole I think Bird reads the game very well indeed, and regularly steps in - I actually think it's one of his strengths.  I didn't note his positioning/movement on the first goal today though so will be interested to look.

[Edit: didn't realise the highlights would be up already! Yes, OK, he basically gets a triangle played around him as he pressures the furthest player and Hourihane is too far away to do anything about the runner. I'll agree he could have done better on that one, but ultimately we had enough behind him to stop the goal. Some credit for the scorer too for a good hit] 

I totally agree mate its not his fault which i said, i just feel playing that role is to be more defensive minded and hold up their attack to allow the rest of the midfield to get back and help out