Max Bird

Beardmm

I think this will be Max's best year in a Ram's jersey, Warnes 4 players behind the striker seem to be given license to be fluid which I believe will bring the best out of max in particular. it seems Warne always wants one of the four just off the striker, one playing on either side of the edge of the box and then one holding, Max seems to be taking up the most advanced role or one of the two midfield positions providing width, if he plays in these positions throughout the season his assist numbers should sky rocket and benefit us immensely.

Bird is in a hugely important year of his career - he's technically a fantastic footballer, but his impact on games hasn't always been there. He's in a contract year - it would be interesting to know if he's open to staying. Same with Cashin. Both of those players really will be important to our season and any success we have - it would be great if we can sign them to new deals before the season starts. Ultimately both will be subject to a tribunal payment in our favour if they were to move on at the end of the deal, Cashin doesn't have the body of work of Bird, which is a concern as it makes his fee low. Bird should still recoup a healthy fee. 

16 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

The likeliest way of securing the futures of Bird and Cashin at Derby is by getting back to the Championship - so much rests on us having a successful season.

I wonder if we could agree 1 year extensions with both and then an automatic extra 2 years if we’re promoted. Aswell as a gentleman’s agreement to sell them at the end of this season if we don’t get promoted to help the club, similar to telling Knight we’re activating his 1 year option to cover ourselves financially and still letting him leave.