V Shrewsbury Town (H) 4th March 15.00

Boycie

I think it's an odd team, but it tells me Warne hasn't given up on top two so is gambling here, hoping to have some fresh big guns for Plymouth on Tuesday. I'm a little surprised and if I were going to gamble, I'd have played a different hand. Whatever else, we have a very strong bench if we want to change it.

Warne knows better than anyone how to win promotion from this league, so I think it's interesting to see his approach. My take is we are not carrying enough goal threat here. Maybe he's hoping to nick an early goal and defend. Or maybe he's expecting to bring more forward-thinking players on for the last half hour?

Edited by Carl Sagan

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I think it's an odd team, but it tells me Warne hasn't given up on top two so is gambling here, hoping to have some fresh big guns for Plymouth on Tuesday. I'm a little surprised and if I were going to gamble, I'd have played a different hand. Whatever else, we have a very strong bench if we want to change it.

Warne knows better than anyone how to win promotion from this league, so I think it's interesting to see his approach. My take is we are not carrying enough goal threat here. Maybe he's hoping to nick an early goal and defend. Or maybe he's expecting to bring more forward-thinking players on for the last half hour?

I like the feel of it. Maybe it won’t work but the basics being Rooney is young but solid and needs game time.  NML being preserved for Tuesdays tough one. Smith is always reliable and gets a go in his preferred birth. McG is McG and Dobs  must have had a confidence boost on Tuesday. As you say, the bench looks good if we run in to trouble. Going to be fun. 

Got to make do with RD today. Was going today until my 5 year old decided it’s too cold and she doesn’t want to go, 3 year old was gutted. That’s the problem when your wife works Saturdays and Grandma after years of not going decides to get a season ticket!! Grumpy is an understatement, punished the eldest one by making her read 28 pages of a school book!! ?, at least I got to Barnsley last week (what a game that was) and going to Plymouth on Tues. To be honest taking young kids to football when it’s cold and they lose interest isn’t pleasant for me and those around you.

Like the team, finally finally finally Rooney is getting a chance, and Smith gets to play his natural position. Hopefully will free up Hourihane and we can get some more control in the middle. 

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Just stood out by the club shop… 5 vans, 3 bikes, and 2 cars, all with blue lights on. 30 cops on foot. Maybe 50 Shrews. All pointing and coo-ing at such a fine stadium!  
it really is their big day out!  ?

Edited by Sheff Ram