Barnsley (A), Saturday 25th February 3pm.

Rev

1 minute ago, Rich84 said:

It's whilst we were waiting to kick off after the 4th goal,  I went to leave after it went in and took an age to get to the exit, and when I looked back they were still celebrating, seemed like a good minutes worth of time after the goal, enough for the scoreboard to be altered, just surprised their keeper is in shot and he didn't go to join in

The keeper was too busy gesticulating at our fans to get down the other end.

Warne thanked the fans who stayed till the end. As you can see from the pre match festivities , our younger fans were “Burnt out” before the kick off. Seemed like there were 500 there , not 5,000. But we play one of the pub teams on Tuesday so it will all be forgotten. Warne must be worried though about the top 6 matches.

Very poor defending missed chances sums up this game maybe its time to put players in correct positions

they have done well but away from home we are being found out

Did a bit of scouting yesterday went to oxford v rovers oxford are really bad and the fans hate karl robinson so i am expecting 3 wins in the next 3 games as i right this robinson just been sacked 

16 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

It's whilst we were waiting to kick off after the 4th goal,  I went to leave after it went in and took an age to get to the exit, and when I looked back they were still celebrating, seemed like a good minutes worth of time after the goal, enough for the scoreboard to be altered, just surprised their keeper is in shot and he didn't go to join in

I’m not sure.

When they scored Cashin was in our penalty area. If we were waiting to kick off, would he have moved that far forward and would pretty much the rest of our team still be in their half?

I can only think it was taken immediately after we’d kicked off at 4:1 down in the 94th minute. I would be great if we all stayed until the bitter end to show our support, despite the performance and inevitably result, but I’m not sure you can criticise a mass exodus whilst they were celebrating their 4th goal too much.

35 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

That lesson should have been learned earlier in the season against Plymouth and Lincoln. It was exactly the same scenario. Maybe they had just forgotten it during the successful run in between.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

It's more about the experience for younger fans than what's happening on the pitch.

Not a criticism, but if the performance doesn't allow them to do this sort of stuff, they'll just go elsewhere to carry on their day out.

You've only got to look around you at the end of the game to see the demographic of those who are there for the football and are prepared to see it out.

Apparently this was us in 85th minute.

FB_IMG_1677403163725.jpg

Wasn’t the 85th minute. Max exodus when the 4th went in. You can just make out the score on the scoreboard

2 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Yes I know what they are referring to but it’s usually aimed at our 6 fingered friends down the A52 even though most of the people that shout it weren’t even born at that time and probably haven’t got a clue why they are shouting it.

My Barnsley cousin was genuinely embarrassed by the scab chant, i told him he had no need to apologise, it meant naff all to me

46 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Warne thanked the fans who stayed till the end. As you can see from the pre match festivities , our younger fans were “Burnt out” before the kick off. Seemed like there were 500 there , not 5,000. But we play one of the pub teams on Tuesday so it will all be forgotten. Warne must be worried though about the top 6 matches.

Just curious, but were the pre match festivities any different to any other away game?

6 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Good day yesterday.  Barnsley fans where really up for it in the Courthouse Pub. 

3 pints of John Smith was a treat. 

A bit of a blip yesterday but let’s stick with the lads on Tuesday 

It was packed in there after the game , i got chatting to a couple of Rams fans watching the Rugby, football aside a good day out

29 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

That lesson should have been learned earlier in the season against Plymouth and Lincoln. It was exactly the same scenario. Maybe they had just forgotten it during the successful run in between.

The players were set up to go for it, not to learn the lesson from Wycombe. If you play a lightweight team against thugs, this will be the result again and again.

Trouble is, we haven't got the muscle (or nous) to counteract that.

10 minutes ago, angieram said:

The players were set up to go for it, not to learn the lesson from Wycombe. If you play a lightweight team against thugs, this will be the result again and again.

Trouble is, we haven't got the muscle (or nous) to counteract that.

This  was a tad concerning for me in January that we didn't get those couple of "thugs" to counteract what other teams have in this division, PW may have tried too but unfortunately...nothing happened.

I still believe a play off place is there for the taking, Winning the play offs...Hhhhmmm?