East Stand

OoooMarkWright

2 hours ago, Vimto Enjoyer said:

The sooner the standing areas are sorted, the better, by the sounds of it. Any update on the above? I'd wager the demand for tickets in any prospective standing terrace would be much greater than the number of people who currently stand in seated areas.

In terms of DCFC, no update as yet. I am pushing constantly though and its on the radar.

Just to add though, its not a standing terrace and the ratio will still we be 1:1. In fact like it is now but with a rail seat.

On 16/02/2023 at 09:46, VulcanRam said:

Yes I wonder if it's something like this - this season that area does seem a bit of a creeping South Stand extension. It certainly adds to the atmosphere but equally it's really unfair if it spoils the experience of people who have been sitting there for years

They could always go home in between matches!

23 minutes ago, therams69 said:

In terms of DCFC, no update as yet. I am pushing constantly though and its on the radar.

Just to add though, its not a standing terrace and the ratio will still we be 1:1. In fact like it is now but with a rail seat.

If that's the case then there's an argument that any standing area should be expanded beyond the South Stand and the SE corner to accommodate, otherwise the current issues will persist. Glad to know the wheels are in motion, though.

1 hour ago, LazloW said:

Had my ticket checked by a steward when arriving for my seat today; checking others too. I sit in the block next to the contentious one.  Don’t know why that block has suddenly become full of standing; been next to away fans for years without people feeling the need to stand. Assume a few selfish people coming in and doing as they please, forcing others to do the same.  I’d be royally pee’d off if my block was suddenly full of people standing when I’ve seen sitting there for literally since the ground opened (unless of course it became an official standing area).

Probably some in that block who can say the same. Shame some might be having their enjoyment spoiled. 

Having said that, saw no sign of stewards telling people to sit down… so still not sure what the ticket checking is all about.

I can remember when pp first opened me and my sister were in west stand all of east stand were standing up in there way back in the day.

4 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I can remember when pp first opened me and my sister were in west stand all of east stand were standing up in there way back in the day.

Nonsense. Everybody used to sit when the stadium opened, even the away fans. People need to start observing the rules before the law gets changed!

1 hour ago, Rev said:

I think there's been a general, quite gentle decline in behaviour at the grounds since lockdown. 

Sit down everywhere but the South Stand, and the back rows of all other stands, should be the way.

Basically, don't be a k******* who puts there own needs ahead of others.

South stand was made singing stand standing is allowed in there if go in there basically tough luck mate.

5 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

Nonsense. Everybody used to sit when the stadium opened, even the away fans. People need to start observing the rules before the law gets changed!

Not nonce all I remember it well but saying that through when I was 11 I was only 5 to 6 year clothes maybe it looked that way. When my sister moved nearer to the stadium me and my dad moved to east stand stayed there ever since.

6 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

The only game I recall "All of the East Stand were standing", we were all standing for The Tin Man!  One game!
xxx

South stand was made singing stand standing is allowed in there if go in there basically tough luck mate.

Singing stand, yes.
We are not allowed to stand.  The club may turn a blind eye to standing, but that is most definitely not the same as it "Being allowed".

They had get permission for it from the FA.

Sorry mate, but no club at this level has permission for standing in seated areas.  (Forget dedicated Safe Standing areas for this conversation... that's a separate topic).
If the club announced it would allow fans to stand, The FA (Or EFL... or someone in authority?) would fine us, and the HSE (Or whoever is in charge of stadium safety?) would revoke our safety certificate, which would mean closures (Either for that individual stand, or the stadium in full). 
Standing IS NOT ALLOWED.  There has been no official statement from the club to say "Standing is allowed"!

Just like if the club announced we could drink alcohol in view of the pitch.  They would be breaking the law, and get into trouble. 
Yes, people may sneak it in.  Yes, the stewards may turn a blind eye if they spot you... Even I have been known to do it (Every time we are at home on Boxing Day), and I rarely drink alcohol, and less so on matchdays... but that doesn't mean drinking alcohol at your seat is allowed!

I still love yer, mate... but you are talking twaddle!  

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

The only game I recall "All of the East Stand were standing", we were all standing for The Tin Man!  One game!
xxx

Singing stand, yes.
We are not allowed to stand.  The club may turn a blind eye to standing, but that is most definitely not the same as it "Being allowed".

Sorry mate, but no club at this level has permission for standing in seated areas.  (Forget dedicated Safe Standing areas for this conversation... that's a separate topic).
If the club announced it would allow fans to stand, The FA (Or EFL... or someone in authority?) would fine us, and the HSE (Or whoever is in charge of stadium safety?) would revoke our safety certificate, which would mean closures (Either for that individual stand, or the stadium in full). 
Standing IS NOT ALLOWED.  There has been no official statement from the club to say "Standing is allowed"!

Just like if the club announced we could drink alcohol in view of the pitch.  They would be breaking the law, and get into trouble. 
Yes, people may sneak it in.  Yes, the stewards may turn a blind eye if they spot you... Even I have been known to do it (Every time we are at home on Boxing Day), and I rarely drink alcohol, and less so on matchdays... but that doesn't mean drinking alcohol at your seat is allowed!

I still love yer, mate... but you are talking twaddle!  

Yeah but…

So, this was taken from the game on Saturday. I clipped it from the highlights so apologies for the not great quality. 

Again, no seats sold for non season ticket holders so all those in that block are season ticketers. 

By the time the knock on effect reaches the back row where we are, almost the whole row is standing. 

We had one of the complainers shouting at us on the back row to sit down again, but as most of us were able to perch some of the time, only my lad was able to sit for periods of time as the two rows in front of him are clear of people without those seats being sold. 

The rest of the time we had to stand or we see nothing. 

As I said before, if the club want to really deal with it it’s clear where they need to start. 

33D32151-E9E4-4283-9417-CA75805C53F6.jpeg

10 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

They had get permission for it from the FA.

You do talk some utter rubbish.

For the first 15 odd years of PPS I had my season ticket right in the middle, back row of the East stand. The folk around me were all flask and sandwich bringing oldies, everyone sat down the entire game. Sure there was Higgo and his small group of rowdy youngsters in the South East corner but the East stand for the vast majority was seated.

The club definitely haven't got permission from the EFL/FA to turn a seated venue into a standing one (without the necessary safe standing rail seats) as this isn't their decision, it's simply the law. The stadium is 100% seated. The occasional blind eyes may be turned but the club have to show they are making effort to enforce the law. If they do not, the safety certificate will be removed. We've seen it all other stadiums where entire stands are closed, or worse the stadium is closed.