East Stand

OoooMarkWright

16 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Atmosphere at English football matches is naturally occurring phenomenon.

In the god knows how many forced attempts to cultivate one, it has nearly always had a noticeable short term effect, but the effectiveness has always waned quite dramatically, and often quite quickly.

Every time it does it's met with a new excuse at to why it happened. The team's crap and there's nothing to support, the team's too good and winning all the time becomes boring, it was too cold that month so the enthusiasm died off, it was half term and everyone was on their holidays, the acoustics aren't right, we're too far apart, there are too many of us in one area so the chants don't have a far enough reach, there aren't enough away fans, the away fans drowned our section out.

And on it goes. The stewards are being too harsh, there's too many women and children in the crowd, we need a safe standing area.

The only things that really create atmosphere in the stands are success on the pitch against a good standard of opposition or a sense of injustice. But these things are also fleeting, the ebb & flow of vocal support levels will continue to follow suit.

The idea of uprooting people from season tickets they've held for 5, 10, 15, 25+ years for the next desperate attempt to manufacture something which cannot be artificially replicated is just another in the long list of hare-brained schemes for a certain demographic to cling onto for the fantasy of being innovators of atmosphere.

Meanwhile the singing section for Plymouth and Oxford have sold a combined total of about 70.

4 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Meanwhile the singing section for Plymouth and Oxford have sold a combined total of about 70.

I would not know now as stop you having a look at it by clicking on the picture to gain access to it.

I wander why stopped it for.

34 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Atmosphere at English football matches is naturally occurring phenomenon.

In the god knows how many forced attempts to cultivate one, it has nearly always had a noticeable short term effect, but the effectiveness has always waned quite dramatically, and often quite quickly.

Every time it does it's met with a new excuse at to why it happened. The team's crap and there's nothing to support, the team's too good and winning all the time becomes boring, it was too cold that month so the enthusiasm died off, it was half term and everyone was on their holidays, the acoustics aren't right, we're too far apart, there are too many of us in one area so the chants don't have a far enough reach, there aren't enough away fans, the away fans drowned our section out.

And on it goes. The stewards are being too harsh, there's too many women and children in the crowd, we need a safe standing area.

The only things that really create atmosphere in the stands are success on the pitch against a good standard of opposition or a sense of injustice. But these things are also fleeting, the ebb & flow of vocal support levels will continue to follow suit.

The idea of uprooting people from season tickets they've held for 5, 10, 15, 25+ years for the next desperate attempt to manufacture something which cannot be artificially replicated is just another in the long list of hare-brained schemes for a certain demographic to cling onto for the fantasy of being innovators of atmosphere.

The one song that fills the ground with voices is the "21 points" "phuck the EFL" songs and that's because we all feel there was an injustice, Anger can be a good motivator at times  

10 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I speaking to steward today that Block I are he told me he was not brothered if people standing up as he does not have issue with it.

Great - I looked over today - there is a child on the first row of the East upper. Is it fair for that child B4?

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Great - I looked over today - there is a child on the first row of the East upper. Is it fair for that child B4?

Dont bite my head off I was asking steward what he throught of it. I was so no but I am further along east stand does not affect me. But I wanted get opapion of a steward.

It doesn't matter what the personal opinions of the stewards are.  On their day off, they may well enjoy going to a game as a spectator, and may well prefer to stand themselves.  But it matters not, once he gets to work.

They have a job to do, and their orders/list of duties come from their employer.  In turn, that employer is governed by DCFC... Who in part, will be further governed by both laws of the land, and ground safety regulations.

If his supervisor tells him to keep walking up and down the stairs telling people to sit down, he will.  It's his job.  Even if standing doesn't bother him personally.

Of course, If he felt strongly against making people sit down, he could of course resign, but as you say, he's just "Not bothered", so he'll probably just do his job.

6 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

It doesn't matter what the personal opinions of the stewards are.  On their day off, they may well enjoy going to a game as a spectator, and may well prefer to stand themselves.  But it matters not, once he gets to work.

They have a job to do, and their orders/list of duties come from their employer.  In turn, that employer is governed by DCFC... Who in part, will be further governed by both laws of the land, and ground safety regulations.

If his supervisor tells him to keep walking up and down the stairs telling people to sit down, he will.  It's his job.  Even if standing doesn't bother him personally.

Of course, If he felt strongly against making people sit down, he could of course resign, but as you say, he's just "Not bothered", so he'll probably just do his job.

I dont what salutation is really only thing I can think of is safe standing upper east stand Lower seating. But I do agree something needs sorting out.

9 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Oh by the way he was on jurty mate.

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I dont what salutation is really only thing I can think of is safe standing upper east stand Lower seating. But I do agree something needs sorting out.

That would be a fantastic solution.  Hope it happens one day.  Sooner rather than later.  ?

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Oh by the way he was on jurty mate.

Oh yeah, I realise that.  ?
It's just that his personal opinion about people standing doesn't matter.  His opinion doesn't make standing right, or acceptable, when the rules say otherwise.

Even the personal opinion of David Clowes wouldn't matter, as DCFC will have ground safety regulations to adhere to... although David Clowes may be in a better position than a steward, to try to help get those regulations changed... if he wanted to try, that is?  (I've no idea what David Clowes thinks on this subject, obviously!)

??

A few other points i would like to add. Safe Standing, you know I have been campaigning for 15 odd years!!! Looking like some kind of movement with this and going forward expect there to be some news over the next few months.

Re safe standing- the club met with the safety advisory group and the Sports Ground Safety Authority. The rake is a concern, but are pricing up potential phased equivalent of safe standing. Not railed seating but barriers. The top 9-10 rows in south stand and away area are the difficult areas, but the club wants to be an early adopter.

The sooner the standing areas are sorted, the better, by the sounds of it. Any update on the above? I'd wager the demand for tickets in any prospective standing terrace would be much greater than the number of people who currently stand in seated areas.

The whole standing and sitting issue is getting ridiculous. 

A lot of people just need to grow up and start appreciating that not everybody wants to do one or the other. 

But as for the East Stand, that’s just selfish and ingnorant towards other Derby supporters that have probably sat there for years. 

Away games I can just about get my head around it but at home, just sit darn 

Had my ticket checked by a steward when arriving for my seat today; checking others too. I sit in the block next to the contentious one.  Don’t know why that block has suddenly become full of standing; been next to away fans for years without people feeling the need to stand. Assume a few selfish people coming in and doing as they please, forcing others to do the same.  I’d be royally pee’d off if my block was suddenly full of people standing when I’ve seen sitting there for literally since the ground opened (unless of course it became an official standing area).

Probably some in that block who can say the same. Shame some might be having their enjoyment spoiled. 

Having said that, saw no sign of stewards telling people to sit down… so still not sure what the ticket checking is all about.

Edited by LazloW

7 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Had my ticket checked by a steward when arriving for my seat today; checking others too. I sit in the block next to the contentious one.  Don’t know why that block has suddenly become full of standing; been next to away fans for years without people feeling the need to stand. Assume a few selfish people coming in and doing as they please, forcing others to do the same.  I’d be royally pee’d off if my block was suddenly full of people standing when I’ve seen sitting there for literally since the ground opened (unless of course it became an official standing area).

Probably some in that block who can say the same. Shame some might be having their enjoyment spoiled. 

Having said that, saw no sign of stewards telling people to sit down… so still not sure what the ticket checking is all about.

Unfortunately it’s the ignorant few spoiling it for the many. I looked across today - a kid was standing all game in front row seats of the lower just so he could try and get a view.

Without senior officials from DCFC being there next game and identifying and blocking the main culprits - I don’t know what the solution is I’m afraid.

If you want to stand, go on the back row or the South Stand. Everywhere else - respect the demographics of people - old, young, injured whatever - who want to sit.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Dont bite my head off I was asking steward what he throught of it. I was so no but I am further along east stand does not affect me. But I wanted get opapion of a steward.

Min wage Stewards are not going to do anything against a block of 200 people of which you don’t know who is standing by choice or because they are forced to.

Well I've sat in Lower East Stand middle since 1997 but today I did notice all the security / stewards in yellow hi-viz along the front seemed about every 8 foot ?  Seemed far more than usual.

Whats going on? Are they expecting the whole of the East Stand to invade the pitch ?