East Stand

OoooMarkWright

12 hours ago, gfs1ram said:

Well I've sat in Lower East Stand middle since 1997 but today I did notice all the security / stewards in yellow hi-viz along the front seemed about every 8 foot ?  Seemed far more than usual.

Whats going on? Are they expecting the whole of the East Stand to invade the pitch ?

I thought that there were many more stewards than usual yesterday too. As Charlton was hardly going to be a high risk game even given they had a good number of fans, I wonder if it was more to do with the presence of Mr Birch - making absolutely sure that nothing would go wrong? 

Let’s not forget there are very good reasons (at least 97 ?) where top flight stadiums were made ‘all seater’ and until official safe standing areas are created the regulations should be obeyed. 

Unfortunately we have too many selfish people in society in general, not just in our fan base, who think the world revolves around them and will do what they want. 

10 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

South stand was made singing stand standing is allowed in there if go in there basically tough luck mate.

It really isnt allowed under the stadium rules B4. South stand is a seated area. There is no agreement otherwise. As someone just mentioned there were some terrible tragedies that led to all seater stadiums. However, its always been known that fans stand in south stand since the allocations switched around. Same for back rows of other stands. A blind eye is turned. I and most others have no issue with that and get that many want to stand BUT standing in other areas selfishly spoiling the experience for others who have sat there for years and pay good money to do so is just going to lead to a backlash about standing generally. The wide discussion of it will also draw it to the attention of the authorities and as we know they like us to be made an example of. 

11 hours ago, Vimto Enjoyer said:

If that's the case then there's an argument that any standing area should be expanded beyond the South Stand and the SE corner to accommodate, otherwise the current issues will persist. Glad to know the wheels are in motion, though.

In my personal option this would first be the South Stand. Then probably the upper tier of the current away end so away fans have the choice of sitting or stanading.

Then perhaps two upper tier blocks of the East Stand. I dont think anymore would be needed.

2 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

It really isnt allowed under the stadium rules B4. South stand is a seated area. There is no agreement otherwise. As someone just mentioned there were some terrible tragedies that led to all seater stadiums. However, its always been known that fans stand in south stand since the allocations switched around. Same for back rows of other stands. A blind eye is turned. I and most others have no issue with that and get that many want to stand BUT standing in other areas selfishly spoiling the experience for others who have sat there for years and pay good money to do so is just going to lead to a backlash about standing generally. The wide discussion of it will also draw it to the attention of the authorities and as we know they like us to be made an example of. 

I agree. Good post.

3 hours ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

You do talk some utter rubbish.

For the first 15 odd years of PPS I had my season ticket right in the middle, back row of the East stand. The folk around me were all flask and sandwich bringing oldies, everyone sat down the entire game. Sure there was Higgo and his small group of rowdy youngsters in the South East corner but the East stand for the vast majority was seated.

The club definitely haven't got permission from the EFL/FA to turn a seated venue into a standing one (without the necessary safe standing rail seats) as this isn't their decision, it's simply the law. The stadium is 100% seated. The occasional blind eyes may be turned but the club have to show they are making effort to enforce the law. If they do not, the safety certificate will be removed. We've seen it all other stadiums where entire stands are closed, or worse the stadium is closed. 

If people brother read rest of my post I said I was in 5 to 6 year old clothes when I was 11 so maybe it seemed that way to me then.

I was in thoyat stand back then.

3 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

If people brother read rest of my post I said I was in 5 to 6 year old clothes when I was 11 so maybe it seemed that way to me then.

I was in thoyat stand back then.

I'm not disputing that you sat in the East stand. I'm disputing that you've said as fact that the authorities have given Derby permission for standing to occur in a all seater stadium. You don't seem to understand the history and/or that it is law. As already said, a minimum wage steward's opinion doesn't change the law.

1 hour ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

I'm not disputing that you sat in the East stand. I'm disputing that you've said as fact that the authorities have given Derby permission for standing to occur in a all seater stadium. You don't seem to understand the history and/or that it is law. As already said, a minimum wage steward's opinion doesn't change the law.

Toyate stand back then. But like I said it was a long time ago when we moved into the south stand I understand that I could be wrong but surely if they had issues with it been felt with and keep getting okay health safer wise.

9 hours ago, The Last Post said:

Of course they were, But when the match started they sat down, Only a few 100 if that stood up which was in the South East corner

Yeah sorry about that mate.  I could hack it at the start! 
When it got too much for my knees, I moved to the NE... and used my young grandson (Freebie u12 ST) as a good excuse to move somewhere more genteel!   ?  
Happy to stay... sat... where I am, despite grandson no longer being interested (and no longer a freebie, either!).  

Those two blocks of the East Stand I believe started standing at some point last season and have just never sat back down. Given the popularity of the South Stand, I would be tempted to allow those two blocks right next to the away fans to stand just like the south stand. I know it's not technically 'allowed' but conventionally it is accepted those fans will stand. I'd extend it to those 2 blocks and then put the hammer down on anyone apart from the back rows who are standing anywhere else in the ground. 

8 hours ago, therams69 said:

In my personal option this would first be the South Stand. Then probably the upper tier of the current away end so away fans have the choice of sitting or stanading.

Then perhaps two upper tier blocks of the East Stand. I dont think anymore would be needed.

I am upper tier of east and I do sit down I rather keep upper and lower tries if the east stand thankyou very much.

We all should be happy derby won yesterday.

20 hours ago, Rev said:

I think there's been a general, quite gentle decline in behaviour at the grounds since lockdown. 

Sit down everywhere but the South Stand, and the back rows of all other stands, should be the way.

Basically, don't be a k******* who puts there own needs ahead of others.

"Theoretically", I could happily go along with that (not that it' matters what I think!), but being a pedant, I'd be curious as to the specific number of rows, when referring to "The back rows".  It goes without saying there's a massive difference between say, 2/3 rows and 10/12 rows.

33 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Yeah sorry about that mate.  I could hack it at the start! 
When it got too much for my knees, I moved to the NE... and used my young grandson (Freebie u12 ST) as a good excuse to move somewhere more genteel!   ?  
Happy to stay... sat... where I am, despite grandson no longer being interested (and no longer a freebie, either!).  

How come grandson no longer wanting to go.

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

How come grandson no longer wanting to go.

Simply not interested in football. 
Late teens now, but even when he was younger, he wasn't particularly bothered.  It was more him getting the chance to stay at Nana & Grandad's for the night, and seeing the wider family rather than the actual game itself.  (He lives a good hour from Derby). 
Of course, his tickets were free, so I persevered, and bombarded him with Rammie goodies, new shirts etc, but it wasn't to be.  Once he was no longer eligible for the u12 freebies, we made the decision not to waste money!
Sadly, he's more into on-screen games than running around on grass! 

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Simply not interested in football. 
Late teens now, but even when he was younger, he wasn't particularly bothered.  It was more him getting the chance to stay at Nana & Grandad's for the night, and seeing the wider family rather than the actual game itself.  (He lives a good hour from Derby). 
Of course, his tickets were free, so I persevered, and bombarded him with Rammie goodies, new shirts etc, but it wasn't to be.  Once he was no longer eligible for the u12 freebies, we made the decision not to waste money!
Sadly, he's more into on-screen games than running around on grass! 

You never know now he is older he might fall back in love with derby county I wish my grandad was still alive so he could go again sigh maked me feel sad now sigh.