East Stand

OoooMarkWright

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Anyone who goes in the south stand should be told no sitting down in that stand but is totaya stand were you can sit in there.

That would be good, mate.

or...

Maybe they could just put big signs up at the south stand turnstiles, and also in the ticket office?  

Then everyone would know before they even get in there... no sitting allowed. 
Maybe have David Clowes' signature at the bottom, so it's clear that it's an official statement from the club?
And send out Emails to everyone who's on the fan ID list... a bit like when Young Nigel used to wish us a Happy Christmas, but this time, telling people they are not allowed to sit down on the seats in the south stand.

Gotta say buddy, you are on ? this evening!

? 

5 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

I'm a season ticket holder in that area (East Stand Upper) & this looks like a ramping up of measures.

We had stewards checking tickets as people were going up the steps during Morecambe game so presumably some concern about people switching seats from other areas. Didn't see any attempts to stop standing but the situation there has been pretty consistent for some time now - J Block stand throughout (Upper & Lower) whilst people in other East Stand blocks nearby only stand if they have seats on the top row. I haven't seen people randomly standing in any other blocks to the right of J Block at any stage this season.

There was also an email from the club (don't know whether everyone got this or just those of us located in that area) warning of extra checks & measures aiming at targeting anti-social behaviour. Fair to say it went down pretty badly given the abusive songs J Block were singing throughout the Morecambe game & the stewards seemed to back off from being as visible on Tuesday.

Clearly some enthusiasm on here to strictly police standers but if the reason for this is a complaint received by someone not usually in that area, it seems heavy-handed. If you want to sit, there are plenty of areas in the stadium to do so - this isn't comparable with the away game situation (which penalises anyone wanting to sit down). It also seems hypocritical when standing is implicitly permitted in the away end & the South Stand.

Longer term, I feel the club could do with exploring a safe standing solution - it’s clearly popular with certain fans so seems logical to get that area established asap & reduce the tension between standing v sitting.

I sit in the block next to this (still all sitting). Have noticed over time that this block has become more of a standing area, but suspect that is because of the actions of some (a few) people not sitting and there being a domino effect where if you want to see you have to stand.  Prior to Morecambe there was the infamous email which only referred to anti-social behaviour without being specific (which probably wasn’t helpful - if it was about standing why didn’t they just say so?).  In terms of checking tickets somebody told me they were doing it because people are apparently buying tickets elsewhere and moving to this area to stand and (apparently) causing trouble (not seen that myself).  Don’t know how true any of that it. All seems a bit odd.  The club could have done a better job explaining the issues in their email.

Edited by LazloW

12 minutes ago, LazloW said:

I sit in the block next to this (still all sitting). Have noticed over time that this block has become more of a standing area, but suspect that is because of the actions of some (a few) people not sitting and there being a domino effect where if you want to see you have to stand.  Prior to Morecambe there was the infamous email which only referred to anti-social behaviour without being specific (which probably wasn’t helpful - if it was about standing why didn’t they just say so?).  In terms of checking tickets somebody told me they were doing it because people are apparently buying tickets elsewhere and moving to this area to stand and (apparently) causing trouble (not seen that myself).  Don’t know how true any of that it. All seems a bit odd.  The club could have done a better job explaining the issues in their email.

I never had that email eathier.

41 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Anyone who goes in the south stand should be told no sitting down in that stand but is totaya stand were you can sit in there.

But what if after, say, 30 minutes in the south stand you started to get tired and needed to sit down? Would you get evicted from the ground or just relocated to the totaya stand? 

2 minutes ago, Rambervalley said:

But what if after, say, 30 minutes in the south stand you started to get tired and needed to sit down? Would you get evicted from the ground or just relocated to the totaya stand? 

Well not a new thing is it

Since fans been in there been standing so many know were they stand. I have spoke to people been in there that some have or moved else were so can sit down.

51 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

That would be good, mate.

or...

Maybe they could just put big signs up at the south stand turnstiles, and also in the ticket office?  

Then everyone would know before they even get in there... no sitting allowed. 
Maybe have David Clowes' signature at the bottom, so it's clear that it's an official statement from the club?
And send out Emails to everyone who's on the fan ID list... a bit like when Young Nigel used to wish us a Happy Christmas, but this time, telling people they are not allowed to sit down on the seats in the south stand.

Gotta say buddy, you are on ? this evening!

?

I just get why people are getting mad for when been that way for years now I could understand it if they did stright why wait till now do something about it.

#Dobbin' Time...

Derby County Football Club strives to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for ALL supporters and its staff.

Home Matchday Text Service

On a home matchday you can report any incidents or concerns discreetly and directly to Derby County Match Control. This includes the use of discriminatory language, anti-social behaviour or any health and safety concerns. You must start your text with DCFC, followed by your message and then send to 88440. Please include as much information as possible, including the Stand, Row, Seat number and names where possible. Once received, the club will investigate each incident as a matter of priority.

Alternatively, if you feel it is safe to do so, please contact a matchday steward and provide as much detail as possible so it can be investigated by the matchday team as a matter of urgency.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/reporting-an-incident-or-concern