Port Vale (A) Tues 24th Jan

Right here goes - my first away league game of the season ?

port vale are a horrible niggley side who hadn’t played at the weekend and it showed in the first half but the last half an hour of the second half Derby threw everything at them with Dobbin changing the game in our favour - yes if he was scoring Everton would have had him back by now but his pace Killed Port vale. 
great three points and it wasn’t cold either 

21 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Got in from work at 22.15.

Showered and relaxing with a Bunnahabrain Single Islay malt at 22.45.

Watching highlights and some fantastic Twitter videos of the Rams fans.

Its happening, its going to be a King Arthur/Bald Eagle type promotion.

Gird those loins boys and girls and hold on tight for another chapter of the DCFC roller coaster.

13 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Have noticed how Didzy seems to have taken him under his wing - what more could he want.

Good spot. Tonight when Fozzy put him through on goal and he hit the keeper, you could see him physically crumple. Didzy immediately took his arm and geed him up and the lad just went again. These are things that seem so insignificant, but in the end mean so much. There's more camaraderie in this squad than any in recent memory IMO and it's wonderful to witness.

24 minutes ago, Andicis said:

The average salary might be £2,500 a week. What is the average salary at our nearest rivals? I'd wager it is higher than £5,000, personally. It's pretty unreasonable to expect a club with a turnover that Derby does to be similar in budget to Morecambe and Forest Green when we generate substantially more revenue than them. We are being punished with restrictions when contrasted to clubs of a similar size to us which also happen to be the sides we are actively competing with. 

Our turnover is irrelevant, we had the largest or certainly one of the largest turnovers in The Championship and ended up in administration. 

I fully agree with any restrictions placed on us that mean we should be trading at around break even, its fully justified given that, as a club, it is only months since we shafted the tax payer and small local businesses.

2 minutes ago, SKRam said:

So ‘only’ 19 games left, feels like the run in has begun. 16 W 2 D and 1 L will see us reach 100 pts . I’m being realistic and allowed us one defeat somewhere, it’s only fair 

I should know this but what is our highest ever points total for a league season?? And could we beat it this season and still potentially not go up??

17 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Good spot. Tonight when Fozzy put him through on goal and he hit the keeper, you could see him physically crumple. Didzy immediately took his arm and geed him up and the lad just went again. These are things that seem so insignificant, but in the end mean so much. There's more camaraderie in this squad than any in recent memory IMO and it's wonderful to witness.

Didzy is an absolute top guy. Saw him as he was leaving the ground tonight. Few people asking for pictures and autographs and a young lad asked him for an interview for his YouTube. He said no problem, but let him finish with everyone else first. Sure enough, told the kid to go over to the side out the way and answered all his questions and gave him several minutes of his time. Kid wasn’t a Derby fan either. 

Edited by Srg

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Our turnover is irrelevant, we had the largest or certainly one of the largest turnovers in The Championship and ended up in administration. 

I fully agree with any restrictions placed on us that mean we should be trading at around break even, its fully justified given that, as a club, it is only months since we shafted the tax payer and small local businesses.

In what respect is it irrelevant? It's massively relevant when discussing restrictions and what is reasonable and proportional to Derby and you well know this. 

3 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

So many excellent videos on twitter tonight. Anyone else still just watching stuff? Love this one - as the person who retweeted said, its the silent moment that makes it

Love the guy right at the end who has fallen over and is wedged between two seats with a massive s*** eating grin on his face! That's classic! 

1 hour ago, Wistaston Ram said:

Skinned shins, no voice, leaping onto the guy next to me, I am 55 years old for Christ's sake, but what a night!

We were right behind the goal, 3 rows back. It was absolutely mental when we got the winner, random blokes hugging and jumping on each other. I haven’t embraced that many strange men since that party round Michael Barrymore’s

10 minutes ago, Andicis said:

In what respect is it irrelevant? It's massively relevant when discussing restrictions and what is reasonable and proportional to Derby and you well know this. 

Its irrelevant because, as I've pointed out, having a large turnover can have very little bearing on your financial results, being a Derby fan you well know this?

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Its irrelevant because, as I've pointed out, having a large turnover can have very little bearing on your financial results, being a Derby fan you well know this?

Yes, but that also wasn't what I said? To make a punishment proportional to Derby, revenue has to be taken into account. If you won't even acknowledge that, there is no point is us discussing this further. 

15 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

To be honest know one will know exactly what that agreement was with HMRC.  I will guarantee you that practically every player at every club championship and above has various companies set up for image rights, claiming they are a brand, investing in tax break artistic schemes, not bothering to send in tax returns and getting tax determined or has a chairman spending less than 90 days in the country claiming relief of double taxation.