Bristol City just want a penalty

Day

Dear Bristol City,

We are happy to provide clarification.

The officials in the games of football that you played have not deemed a foul resulting in a penalty kick in any of the games you have played.

We hope that this clarification is useful to you and if we can be of further assistence please do not hesitate to contact us, although on such matters as "Rules of the game of football" and "When a referee must award a penalty kick" there does exist documentation that we believe a professional football club should probably be aware of already.

Kind regards

P.S. You could try blaming Derby County?

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

£25m?! FFS!

I don't like Bristol City, but Alex Scott is a decent player who has a good future ahead of him.

Versatile player who's played pretty much all over the place, over 2 years left on his contract and he's a regular in the England youth setup, even started the U19's Euro's final.

1 hour ago, Jubbs said:

I don't like Bristol City, but Alex Scott is a decent player who has a good future ahead of him.

Versatile player who's played pretty much all over the place, over 2 years left on his contract and he's a regular in the England youth setup, even started the U19's Euro's final.

Plays CM or RM/RW. 4 goals and 7 assists in 71 games

After Knight's first 2 seasons (amd at a simialr age to Scott) he had scored 9 and had 2 assists in 79 games. Knight made his full international debut at the start of his 3rd season.

21 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

After Knight's first 2 seasons (amd at a simialr age to Scott) he had scored 9 and had 2 assists in 79 games. Knight made his full international debut at the start of his 3rd season.

That's why, in B4's player mini-mart, knight is priced at eleventy-twelve gazillion pounds.....?

8 hours ago, Scott129 said:

Something about this just reeks of that Mr. Popodopolous bloke ?

I'D SAY SO

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/219275-penalties-surprised-no-thread-yet-but/

I'm largely behind the club on this one. Bit of pressure combined with a montage could be interesting...I started work on some shot data in the Autumn, could now be a good time to return.

Edited by Gee SCREAMER !!

8 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Dear Bristol City,

We are happy to provide clarification.

The officials in the games of football that you played have not deemed a foul resulting in a penalty kick in any of the games you have played.

We hope that this clarification is useful to you and if we can be of further assistence please do not hesitate to contact us, although on such matters as "Rules of the game of football" and "When a referee must award a penalty kick" there does exist documentation that we believe a professional football club should probably be aware of already.

Kind regards

P.S. You could try blaming Derby County?

yep

It could be a simple case of corruption, or maybe the aim could be having a more "glamour" Championship, that could virtually mean more money from TV, sponsors, etc.  Maybe Bristol City and the clubs Y and Z are seen as less "profitable" than the likes of - examples - Sunderland (bigger despite having being in L1), Birmingham, Huddersfield (recently in the Premier League) and talking about L1, the likes of Wednesday, Derby, etc

18 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

yep

It could be a simple case of corruption, or maybe the aim could be having a more "glamour" Championship, that could virtually mean more money from TV, sponsors, etc.  Maybe Bristol City and the clubs Y and Z are seen as less "profitable" than the likes of - examples - Sunderland (bigger despite having being in L1), Birmingham, Huddersfield (recently in the Premier League) and talking about L1, the likes of Wednesday, Derby, etc

A conspiracy!

"How do we achieve our diabolical aim of making a bristol fan spontainiously combust?"

"Bristol city or bristol rovers?"

"i dunno, the big one, rovers i guess."

"lets have referees not give them any penalties!"

"Pure genius man, lets crack open another few bottles of that expensive fizz, the future of the game is safe in our hands."

10 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

And I'm sure if Derby were financially sound we'd have been able to sell him for a decent amount.

TBF to Scott though, he made 15 appearances for Guernsey in the Isthmian League, he completed 31 90's in the Championship at 17 and played more positions than Knight according to fbref. Also, England is a much harder national team to get into.

I think £10-15m is good figure for him, so around that in upfront costs rising to £25m is around the figure I'd expect.

8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'D SAY SO

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/219275-penalties-surprised-no-thread-yet-but/

I'm largely behind the club on this one. Bit of pressure combined with a montage could be interesting...I started work on some shot data in the Autumn, could now be a good time to return.

I just knew there would be some sort of spreadsheet or data or something ?