Frozen pitches? Under soil twitches

LN747

It's always a hard call - call it off early enough to save everyone the trip, but risk it becoming playable but KO time or wait and try to get it on, but then end up calling off at the last moment and everyone is raging about it. Ultimatly, the decision has to be based on if a Neil Warnock team is involved and if you have a keep player out.

1 hour ago, Topram said:

Given -3 overnight, really can’t see the game going ahead 

I guess we’ll have to wait and see. Temps haven’t been real deep freeze. I can feel some give and softening mud in our garden by mid afternoon. I wonder what the test is ? If studs can pierce to surface in normal running ? 

1 hour ago, jono said:

I guess we’ll have to wait and see. Temps haven’t been real deep freeze. I can feel some give and softening mud in our garden by mid afternoon. I wonder what the test is ? If studs can pierce to surface in normal running ? 

The test will be under H&S, Whoever is sent to inspect(if needed)will determine if the pitch is playable(all pitches are playable)and the safety of the players will take precedent, If one half of the pitch has thawed but the other half is frozen ie stands blocking the sunshine I expect a postponement  

31 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

The test will be under H&S, Whoever is sent to inspect(if needed)will determine if the pitch is playable(all pitches are playable)and the safety of the players will take precedent, If one half of the pitch has thawed but the other half is frozen ie stands blocking the sunshine I expect a postponement  

Except more likely is H&S precedent will go with safety of the fans - cf PP and Colin/Cardiff

Edited by RoyMac5

18 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Nah, Cardiff was snow. This will be if the pitch is frozen. Accrington and Crewe already called off because of it.

If the stands and pavements were icy then it would affect the decision was what I was suggesting. Might be a bit 'warmer' if the stadium is down by the river?

Edited by RoyMac5

22 hours ago, LN747 said:

I note Burton don’t have undersoil seating- do we reckon they can keep the pitch thawed for Saturday using fan heaters and a bit the old hot water from the tea maids urn 

It will be on there not going to let a sell out be pp as they will want the money.

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

It will be on there not going to let a sell out be pp as they will want the money.

Accrington have today postponed their game with Portsmouth, their owner saying it'll cost them massively due to the rescheduled game being on a weekday. This isn't about the supporters, it's the players safety playing on a frozen pitch.