Frozen pitches? Under soil twitches

LN747

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

If the stands and pavements were icy then it would affect the decision was what I was suggesting. Might be a bit 'warmer' if the stadium is down by the river?

Unless it rains or snows I can't see the pavements or stands being too icy to cause a problem. If the game was at PP then I don't think it would be in question. 

6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Burton will keep it on

It isn't there decision to keep it on. With this arctic weather, every match around is going to have pitch inspections. If the ref deems it unplayable then that's that. Also as others have said, exterior conditions for the general public need to be considered. However important football is, it doesn't come above health and safety.

The game being called off wouldn't be a disaster for us would it? Give Warne some more time with the players on the grass and give our lads more of a rest and chance to get over niggling injuries after a hectic period.

Obviously a ball ache for fans, but at least it's as local as a game can possibly get.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

8 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The game being called off wouldn't be a disaster for us would it? Give Warne some more time with the players on the grass and give our lads more of a rest and chance to get over niggling injuries after a hectic period.

Obviously a ball ache for fans, but at least it's as local as a game can possibly get.

Apart from we’ve already got the Cheltenham, Port vale and possibly Plymouth games to pull in.

4 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Gonna be a serious sesh in Burton if it’s called-off last minute, (hic)!

If it's going to be called off...it'll be before 12noon, Staff ie turnstile operators, Catering staff, Car park staff will be given plenty of notice to not turn up, Derby only 12 miles away will give the officials enough time to go top the wire...my guess between 10-11am