Richard Stearman

IslandExile

It's baffling that Stearman hasn't been selected for the World Cup - a puzzle even more surprising when you look at the defenders who are going. I mean... there are actually some people who believe England will win the tournament with McGuire and Coady in the back line!!!

Anyway, England's loss is Derby County's gain. We should be glad that he remains available to us. It's a major relief to see that Warne now has the confidence, belief and footballing knowledge to play the great man in cup games and even bring him on late in league games.

1 hour ago, Beetle said:

I may be wrong but he seems to be involved in training the defenders. I'm sure he lead the pre match defensive training at MK.

Superb example of a professional footballer. Stearman is precisely the sort of character you need in the dressing room. Doesn’t spit his dummy out when younger players get selected over him; instead puts the work in to help them progress. Brilliant guy. 

6 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Harsh thread this. He deceives to flatter.

He looks clumsy with the ball at his feet and moves around like a thunderbirds puppet. But he makes plenty of important aerial challenges and so often puts his body in the right place. 

Hey, I wasn't intending to criticise the Steargoat at all. It was really intended to highlight that Warne has finally started to use him.

I think he's been a great squad man in his time here.

Noticed a couple of games back that he seems to talk to Warne quite a lot while sat on the bench. Strikes me that he’s potentially transitioning into a coaching role.

Fair play to him, 5th choice centre back who’s rarely going to be called on except in an injury crisis (like now). With Rooney breaking through as well, I think it’s a sensible call by him. He’s looked a bit past his sell by date in some of his performances this season sadly, but he seems a top guy and has a wealth of experience, so I’d be glad for him to work with players like Cashin and Rooney.

24 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Noticed a couple of games back that he seems to talk to Warne quite a lot while sat on the bench. Strikes me that he’s potentially transitioning into a coaching role.

Fair play to him, 5th choice centre back who’s rarely going to be called on except in an injury crisis (like now). With Rooney breaking through as well, I think it’s a sensible call by him. He’s looked a bit past his sell by date in some of his performances this season sadly, but he seems a top guy and has a wealth of experience, so I’d be glad for him to work with players like Cashin and Rooney.

He did the same last season. He tends to sit with the coaches rather than the other subs