NSPCC

kevinhectoring

Not seen anything on here about the recent deal with the NSPCC. (May have missed it though. ) Anyway, seems a great way for David Clowes to continue to restore the club culture that most fans want to see. 
He’s got loads of goodwill so hopefully he’ll be bold and there’ll be more things like this 

18 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I guess the question is, how are the club and the fans going to help raise money for the charity, in addition to shirt sales?

It’s a good question.  As you point out we’ll hopefully do much more than merely give NSPCC the profile on the shirts. 

More good videos of the players showing support of the charity would be a good start. Contactless ‘giving points’ outside the ground on match days and donation links on the club website ? These’s loads they can do

Very heartened to see us go from the 32 devils incarnate to this 

7 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I guess the question is, how are the club and the fans going to help raise money for the charity, in addition to shirt sales?

Are any proceeds of shirt sales going to the charity?  (Genuine question, not being arsey!)

I'm aware the NSPCC logo is exclusive to the player's matchday attire, and the club shop replicas won't be having it on, but hadn't read anything relating to shirt sales still making a few quid for the charity.
Would be good if that was the case.

?‍♂️

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

Are any proceeds of shirt sales going to the charity?  (Genuine question, not being arsey!)

I'm aware the NSPCC logo is exclusive to the player's matchday attire, and the club shop replicas won't be having it on, but hadn't read anything relating to shirt sales still making a few quid for the charity.
Would be good if that was the case.

?‍♂️

Shame really, I actually prefer the shirt with the NSPCC logo on it.

25 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

A bit odd ... 

replica

noun

an exact copy or model of something...

Well yes.  Quite!
It even crossed my mind, as I typed that!

Having said that, I do confess, I've no idea whether the club (and/or shop) still refer to them as replicas, but I believe it's a long-recognised term, even if inaccurate.  ?‍♂️

Apologies if my use of the term "replicas"  is now outdated.  I'm not your typical "modern-man"!  ?

4 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Well yes.  Quite!
It even crossed my mind, as I typed that!

Having said that, I do confess, I've no idea whether the club (and/or shop) still refer to them as replicas, but I believe it's a long-recognised term, even if inaccurate.  ?‍♂️

Apologies if my use of the term "replicas"  is now outdated.  I'm not your typical "modern-man"!  ?

yes, I’ve always known them as replicas. I thought that was the point of them

Won’t be long before some subliminal conspiracy theorist tells us it stands for “Never Stop Praising Chairman Clowes”