Milton Keynes Dons (A) (Sat 12th Nov 2022)

9 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Didn’t see the game, just watched these highlights. I have also had an enjoyable 20 minute romp through this thread. Another fascinating insight into the minds of my online companions. A great result, particularly with a limited squad availability, and fair play to all who contributed on the pitch. But I am unclear, did we win the game because of Warne’s tactics, or in spite of them?

Yes?

I keep rewatching the disallowed goal .. did the Lino penalise us because whoever did the cross(Hourihan - pic is a bit fuzzy) was coming from an supposed offside position ? I’m puzzled as he must have been onside as he was taking the corner ? Can anyone see any reason why that goal didn’t stand ? 

1 minute ago, jono said:

I keep rewatching the disallowed goal .. did the Lino penalise us because whoever did the cross(Hourihan - pic is a bit fuzzy) was coming from an supposed offside position ? I’m puzzled as he must have been onside as he was taking the corner ? Can anyone see any reason why that goal didn’t stand ? 

It was tight! Looked ok to me

33 minutes ago, jono said:

No. Think it was given for offside? Dobbin offside? Looks dubious.

36 minutes ago, jono said:

Offside was for Dobbin. He was in an offside position when Hourihane was lining up his cross. But, no clear image of the exact moment Hourihane released the ball.

44 minutes ago, jono said:

Come on @jono he penalised us because we’re Derby County you know that 

Was intruiged to see when Derby last came back to win from a losing position in an away game in the league.

Scrolling back through previous results as far as I can see it was 8/2/20 when we beat Swansea away 3-2 after being 1 nil up then 2-1 down.

A positive stat and I hope if we can keep this sort of performance up then it should be a great season.

7 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

As Barker pointed out, there was no objection from our lot   Good header by Dobbin tho which will do him good 

I like Dobbin but can you please explain how this will do him good? Before he headed the ball he hadn't scored a goal for us in the league and when the linesman ruled it for offside he still hasn't. I know a goal will do him good but if I was in Dobbin's shoes, rather than feeling good, I'd be feeling pretty pissed off. Am I missing a trick here Kev?

2 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I like Dobbin but can you please explain how this will do him good? Before he headed the ball he hadn't scored a goal for us in the league and when the linesman ruled it for offside he still hasn't. I know a goal will do him good but if I was in Dobbin's shoes, rather than feeling good, I'd be feeling pretty pissed off. Am I missing a trick here Kev?

He’s mistimed a load of heading chances in the last few games. He hit that one sweetly and I think that goes into the memory banks 

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

He’s mistimed a load of heading chances in the last few games. He hit that one sweetly and I think that goes into the memory banks 

As another headed opportunity he hasn't scored from? ?