Liverpool v Derby (A) Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

HT Liverpool have had loads of possession but haven’t created anything of note. The only chance they had was from a huge Cashin duck up.

We had a great opening when NML put Osula in but he didn’t read it well and the chance was gone. 

We look most dangerous when NML has the ball. We’re still in this!

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Our press just won a corner from them. We’ve made it to half time having had a few corners and a couple of half chances with the scores level, in my humble view it’s not as “embarrassing” as you’ve made out.

The reality of where we are as a club means there’s a gulf in class, if we were in the championship that would still be the case. Liverpool have recently won the premier league and the champions league and are one of the biggest clubs in the country we vast resources at their disposal. I’m enjoying the grit and resilience the lads are showing 

Well yes I agree but the way we've set up isn't getting the best out of the players either imho.

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Our press just won a corner from them. We’ve made it to half time having had a few corners and a couple of half chances with the scores level, in my humble view it’s not as “embarrassing” as you’ve made out.

The reality of where we are as a club means there’s a gulf in class, if we were in the championship that would still be the case. Liverpool have recently won the premier league and the champions league and are one of the biggest clubs in the country with vast resources at their disposal. I’m enjoying the grit and resilience the lads are showing 

Thank you @Caerphilly Ram catching up while I have ten minutes, reading through I thought we were losing 9-0. 
#senseandsensibility

24 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Hourihane back on corners ?

Depressing, as is playing Sibley at LWB meaning he can't be on corner duty anyway.

Listening to the Radio Derby commentary through RamsTV (great to hear Jamie Ward). They were looking at the replay and say a clear penalty to us if there was VAR, for the foul on Cashin. But no VAR until the semifinals. They criticized the players for not getting in the ref's face about it, and I would agree. You have to do this in the modern game. Once again we are far too nice.

They also have talked a lot about the game totally passing Osula by, saying it's clear he's either overawed or has no idea what role is expected of him in the team tonight. Suggest Dobbin should be on instead of him.

But the commentary team pleased and say we've looked good in parts and have held our own.

Come on you Rams!

Whether we like it or not, we are still recovering from life saving surgery, and are now officially a "Minnow".

Not sure what some folk were expecting from tonight, but I for one am rather chuffed with where we are at this stage in our recovery, and equally so at HT in this particular game.

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

Depressing, as is playing Sibley at LWB meaning he can't be on corner duty anyway.

Listening to the Radio Derby commentary through RamsTV (great to hear Jamie Ward). They were looking at the replay and say a clear penalty to us if there was VAR, for the foul on Cashin. But no VAR until the semifinals. They criticized the players for not getting in the ref's face about it, and I would agree. You have to do this in the modern game. Once again we are far too nice.

They also have talked a lot about the game totally passing Osula by, saying it's clear he's either overawed or has no idea what role is expected of him in the team tonight. Suggest Dobbin should be on instead of him.

But the commentary team pleased and say we've looked good in parts and have held our own.

Come on you Rams!

Had a few bits of 'passing possession' and some scrappy fighting to win corners. But we're not set up right - do we really need Bird and Hourihane? Whilst who knows when Dobbin might score he will at least look to run at them ala NML. Doesn't seem like Sibs is to be allowed that luxury.

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Come on you Rams!

Pretty accurate summary.

Regarding the not-a-penalty incident. In real time it looked like Cashin knocked the ball past and ran straight in to Gomez, so I can see why the ref missed it. VAR would have given it, as Gomez's had no intention of playing the ball and his movement was to just block off Cashin. Frustrating when compared with some of the penalties which have been given against us in recent weeks.

There are goals in this game if we continue to press at the right times. Gomez in particular has made a couple of poor mistakes when under pressure.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Had a few bits of 'passing possession' and some scrappy fighting to win corners. But we're not set up right - do we really need Bird and Hourihane? Whilst who knows when Dobbin might score he will at least look to run at them ala NML. Doesn't seem like Sibs is to be allowed that luxury.

Roy, is Sibs your new Chris Martin ? ?