Liverpool v Derby (A) Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

29 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Our press just won a corner from them. We’ve made it to half time having had a few corners and a couple of half chances with the scores level, in my humble view it’s not as “embarrassing” as you’ve made out.

The reality of where we are as a club means there’s a gulf in class, if we were in the championship that would still be the case. Liverpool have recently won the premier league and the champions league and are one of the biggest clubs in the country with vast resources at their disposal. I’m enjoying the grit and resilience the lads are showing 

Yeah but we’re not playing Liverpool’s first-team. We aren’t even playing Liverpool’s second team.

What I found embarrassing (and this is the level we are at) is that we look a team frightened on the ball and unable to string basic passes together.

It’s a mental thing more than anything. Half of this Liverpool team probably aren’t ready yet for regular football at Championship level. But they are making us look vastly inferior with their ball control and passing.

It’s just a sad realization of where we are.