Torquay v Derby (A) Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

Fair play to Torquay. Excellent football in the second half.

Derby County. The game management of the second half is an embarrassment to professional football. And the manager, my word. Why would you keep insisting on hoofing the football forward when you're down to ten men. Keep possession, tire out the opposition. Let them chase. 

Disgusting.

2 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

There's nothing you can do about that goal, it was just bobbling about everywhere. Just have to accept it and then get the job done in the replay

you can clear the ball properly in the first place. Not concede the corner... actually try to sit further up the field to stop it happening. But we did none of those things. As soon as we went down to 10 we invited the pressure until inevitably something gave way

Just now, Millenniumram said:

We get exactly what we deserve that, absolutely shocking all round.

The game changed on the red card, up to that point we were pretty comfortable and then after that we managed the game poorly, they made use of their extra man and the home crowd got behind them.
If it wasn’t Derby involved we’d possibly be sat here talking about the “magic of the cup”. Yes it’s another game in a busy schedule but it’s not the end of the world, hopefully by the time the replay happens we’ll have a couple of bodies back and we beat them comfortably. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

That all came from a sliced Hourihane clearance that somehow went behind him. Him and Thompson have put in the worst cameos I’ve ever seen. 

Deserved equaliser. 

Even on the throw, we had two marking one guy. Left an easy throw back to someone unmarked who pumped it in the box. Totally deserved, we were awful

Just now, cstand said:

Stearman played on 3 players for the goal.

I mean when the first ball came in. It then went back out and back in again. But you can’t have 3 players offside in the middle of the play and just ignore it. 
To be fair I don’t know if it was one of those who then scored.  

Just now, CBRammette said:

This is nothing to do with Warne. Its just inevitable totally Derby. Remember trudging to Plymouth in 83-84 then them winning direct from a corner in replay. Its what we do

I reckon he made an error in taking off NML rather than Dobbin. He didn't look injured and judging by his reaction when his number went up, it didn't look like it was pre-planned to give him a rest.