January Window

1of4

From the Supporters Meeting 09/01 

"Is there any movement in our business plan due to us overachieving?

The business plan remains unchanged, yet the overall outlook is positive. The club is in regular communication with the English Football League (EFL) but it was emphasised that this will not have any impact on the team’s ability to recruit in January, as we have a wage cap in place."

"Can we do a loan with a view at a permanent deal while under a business plan?

As in the summer, we are currently able to sign players for free and/or with a sell-on. We can also take a loan with wage recovery but no loan fee."

Edited by RoyMac5

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

From the Supporters Meeting 09/01 

"Is there any movement in our business plan due to us overachieving?

The business plan remains unchanged, yet the overall outlook is positive. The club is in regular communication with the English Football League (EFL) but it was emphasised that this will not have any impact on the team’s ability to recruit in January, as we have a wage cap in place."

"Can we do a loan with a view at a permanent deal while under a business plan?

As in the summer, we are currently able to sign players for free and/or with a sell-on. We can also take a loan with wage recovery but no loan fee."

When are the restrictions going to end ffs the poison has left the club 

Really like what Warne says here about having a small, tightly knit squad. And making sure of the character of anyone who comes in so they don't rock the boat. I'd rather we brought in no one than signing players to beef up the numbers in case. Forbidden from paying transfer fees, it's tough to bring players in who will clearly improve us.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-transfer-window-january-8014377

4 hours ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

When are the restrictions going to end ffs the poison has left the club 

About 2026 when we've binned of  Bieliks fee and wages which will be a nice big free transfer loss on the FFP the way we're going.  Either that or negate by flogging someone for 10 million. We haven't got many of them . 

only other clubs that are allowed to flog the stadium and associated debt to a family member at a vastly inflated cost, continually sell the debt to themselves in the form of shares, claim 40 million covid losses and imaginary loss of transfer fees or sell a player to a parent club for 18 million and loan them back to get round FFP.

17 minutes ago, admira said:

Warne must be playing his cards very close to his chest regarding potential transfer targets. Normally there are a number of names being bandied about, due to leaks from those in the know, agents etc. 

This time there is nothing. 

Can’t see an agent making a fuss about us especially if we can’t pay them !

1 hour ago, admira said:

Warne must be playing his cards very close to his chest regarding potential transfer targets. Normally there are a number of names being bandied about, due to leaks from those in the know, agents etc. 

This time there is nothing. 

There are more rumours about who we are signing on the Cov forum Sky Blues Talk. 

The suggestions there include Waghorn (in outgoings discussion) and Scott Twine (in transfer shouts discussion).

24 minutes ago, metalsheep02 said:

There are more rumours about who we are signing on the Cov forum Sky Blues Talk. 

The suggestions there include Waghorn (in outgoings discussion) and Scott Twine (in transfer shouts discussion).

tbh id have waghorn back as he can play in all the attacking positions. Work horse and strong. Sure hes getting on abit but you know what youll get with him. In this league he'd prob do really well . Also the style of play is better for him 

Edited by CodnorRam

35 minutes ago, CodnorRam said:

tbh id have waghorn back as he can play in all the attacking positions. Work horse and strong. Sure hes getting on abit but you know what youll get with him. In this league he'd prob do really well . Also the style of play is better for him 

I agree, if we could get him on loan until the end of the season or something that'd be ideal. I wouldn't fancy him on anything longer than an 18 month deal to be honest.

36 minutes ago, CodnorRam said:

I wasn't keen on the idea of Waghorn back at Derby. However, in 17/18 (5 years ago I know) he played alongside McGoldrick and got 16 goals and 11 assists. McG got 8 goals and 4 assists but only played 22 games. I recollect (not certain) that Waghorn took a lot of the set pieces for Ipswich that season which, if right, will skew those figures as he probably won't be doing that at Derby (Hourihane).

21 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I agree, if we could get him on loan until the end of the season or something that'd be ideal. I wouldn't fancy him on anything longer than an 18 month deal to be honest.

Even if its cover , hes a solid work horse and a great person in the dressing room from what iv seen.

20 minutes ago, metalsheep02 said:

I wasn't keen on the idea of Waghorn back at Derby. However, in 17/18 (5 years ago I know) he played alongside McGoldrick and got 16 goals and 11 assists. McG got 8 goals and 4 assists but only played 22 games. I recollect (not certain) that Waghorn took a lot of the set pieces for Ipswich that season which, if right, will skew those figures as he probably won't be doing that at Derby (Hourihane).

Unfortunately we aint gonna be signing world beaters while stuck in this transfer scenario. But you know what ya getting with waghorn. Even if its cover it would be a solid signing in league one

11 minutes ago, CodnorRam said:

Unfortunately we aint gonna be signing world beaters while stuck in this transfer scenario. But you know what ya getting with waghorn. Even if its cover it would be a solid signing in league one

Could not fault his work ethic and passion for club while here and really liked him but even in League 1 wouldnt he need to be able to score an open goal? he would be solid and we know what we're getting but are there others out there who would be so much better than we expect on signing like many of the summer signings turned out to be? I have no idea who, if any?

17 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Here's a list of attackers that ipswich are rumoured to be interested in, could we get any of them on loan?

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/23231614.ipswich-town---january-transfer-window-attackers-fit-bill/

would any of them strengthen derby?

Carlos Borges on loan from Man City would be class if his performance against us in the PJT was anything to go by...