Ipswich v Derby (A) Matchday Thread - ‘and it’s live’

i-Ram

6 minutes ago, Mckram said:

McLaren had players who fitted the mould and a fairly decent team.

Our striker partnership tonight had how many senior games between them…

I think people forget we had about 6 players in the summer. We need another window or two before we even have a squad! 

Spot on.  Mac took over a team that had been 5 years in the making.

That was f****** rubbish. Not one bit of quality in the entire 90 minutes. 

I can’t do a long period of watching us hoof the ball to absolutely no one whilst our players forget how to pass the ball. 

I’d have accepted a close 1-0 loss away at 2nd in league as well before people accuse me of being unrealistic but that performance was the worst I’ve seen for well over a season. 

Can we just skip to that bit where we realise we’ve made a terrible mistake and fire Warne please.  This squad of players is *never* going to work with his style of football, and we don’t have the financial capacity to build an entirely new squad. And quite frankly, I don’t want him building an entirely new squad to play turgid hoofball.

1 minute ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Bird's done okay... Sibbo has had a shocker and needs to start justifying a place in the squad.

Sibley in particular is a player everyone seems to think is brilliant based on a couple of good games 3 years ago. They whinge when he doesn't start and when he does he does absolutely nothing. For me him and Bird are completely average players who are made out to be more then they are simpy because they are from the Academy. 

2 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Bird's done okay... Sibbo has had a shocker and needs to start justifying a place in the squad.

I think they have been alright, not great and not helped by the system. But they've been absurdly hyped over the years ('good enough for the Prem' etc). Let's be honest: they are struggling to make an impact in League One. 

2 minutes ago, Mckram said:

We’re a league 1 side and that’s the reality.

We’ve hired a manager who has been promoted from league 1 enough times to know what’s required no matter the team. 

I’m not saying I believe he will 100% be a success by any means, but my opinion is that he will take us up next year. 

He won't be with us next year/season. Wrong choice for the Derby job and giving him a 4 year contract, what a balls up.

10 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

I have stated the day he signed, he is the wrong man for the job. Can we get Liz Truss in next week instead!!!

At least the players will have good supports.☺️

Edited by MickD