Darnell Fisher

Heisenberg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Didn't Warne already dismiss Fisher when the link came up previously? The guy's last appearance came in April 2021 too, so not too sure about this one. 

I hope so. He's definitely not an upgrade on what we have already got and that's factoring in how short we are in that department. Plus we don't want to be doing those parasites any favours by taking their rejects.

"There is no interest in Fisher and Derby's head coach has already played down any suggestions that he would move for him after reports last year indicated that he is interested in being reunited.

"January is a great opportunity but whether we get the players we want we will have to see. But every day is like a press day. Everyone asks what's happening," he said.

"I got told the other day that I had been linked with Darnell Fisher. There is zero truth in that. I know Darnell really well. If I want him I'd just phone him. So there is zero truth in that. It was said it was off a good source, but there is no better source than me."

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

"There is no interest in Fisher and Derby's head coach has already played down any suggestions that he would move for him after reports last year indicated that he is interested in being reunited.

"January is a great opportunity but whether we get the players we want we will have to see. But every day is like a press day. Everyone asks what's happening," he said.

"I got told the other day that I had been linked with Darnell Fisher. There is zero truth in that. I know Darnell really well. If I want him I'd just phone him. So there is zero truth in that. It was said it was off a good source, but there is no better source than me."

He can’t just phone a player at another club can he ? Surely has to consult the club in the first instance ?

9 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

He can’t just phone a player at another club can he ? Surely has to consult the club in the first instance ?

If he knows him really well and knows he's out of sorts, he could. It's not like the FA have got everyone's phone tapped so they physically cant have conversations. I bet it happens all the time at every club with new managers

2 hours ago, SK47 said:

If he knows him really well and knows he's out of sorts, he could. It's not like the FA have got everyone's phone tapped so they physically cant have conversations. I bet it happens all the time at every club with new managers

So you can now tap up a player….didn’t hear about that change ?

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

So you can now tap up a player….didn’t hear about that change ?

Maybe in another dimension, it might go.

Bobble hat “hey Darnell, long time no text, you seen that twerp on twitter, linking me to wanting you at Derby”

Darnell “sure boss, you know I only said to my agent the other day, I wish I could play for a gaffer like you again”

Bobble hat “oh really, so if I was to make a move through official channels, you’d fancy doing all that running around again”

Darnell “loved it boss, I’d run through brick walls for you, just to get a snazzy mug” etc ?

4 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I suppose he could if he's been advised by his agent that he's surplus to requirements at Boro.

Either that or Gibbos in cahoots with them to get more cash as compo

5 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I suppose he could if he's been advised by his agent that he's surplus to requirements at Boro.

Either that or Gibbos in cahoots with them to get more cash as compo

I would think it is common courtesy to ask permission first from his club. We would have to agree loan terms with them anyway. Different if he had been released, no issue then.

I would imagine there are two clubs we wouldn't even think about doing anything that could be (mis)construed as 'tapping up' Boro and Wycombe. Warne might say "if" but I'd be stunned if, if became has. Even if we go through proper channels Boro may say no out of a tapping up suspicion, mere rumour of us calling Fisher may be enough to derail their almost certain promotion form and cost them 80m again. Naah steer clear.

• 2 weeks later...