FA cup

Foreveram

6 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Football without the fans is nothing they said during lockdown. What a load of s*** that was. They simply don’t give a toss about those of us who go to the games. Who overseas is going to be remotely interested in Derby v Barnsley FFS. 

Raises hand
I'll admit I'm in a minority though, plus it's now a 6:30 am kick-off so I also would have preferred the boring traditional 3p.m. option

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Is there any kind of reason that this isn’t being played on the Saturday afternoon?

The last couple of seasons I don’t think there’s been any Saturday 3pm kick-offs in the 3rd round (we played Coventry at 12.30 Saturday last season). It’s to do with TV deals abroad apparently (I thought it was because of the 3pm Saturday blackout rule in the UK).

7 hours ago, Will the Ram said:

The last couple of seasons I don’t think there’s been any Saturday 3pm kick-offs in the 3rd round (we played Coventry at 12.30 Saturday last season). It’s to do with TV deals abroad apparently (I thought it was because of the 3pm Saturday blackout rule in the UK).

Ten of the third round ties are at 3 o’clock on Saturday.

On 29/11/2022 at 11:53, Foreveram said:

I appreciate and fully understand that, but there is also a large number of season ticket holders that couldn’t be bothered to go to the Torquay home game but would want to be at the front of the queue for a Wembley ticket ( not that it’s going to happen)?

Got to remember some season ticket holders travel a long way and midweek evening games are a bit of a slog , yes if it was forest in the quarter finals I would be more inlined to get there but Torquay in the second round just doesn’t inspire 

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Got to remember some season ticket holders travel a long way and midweek evening games are a bit of a slog , yes if it was forest in the quarter finals I would be more inlined to get there but Torquay in the second round just doesn’t inspire 

Yes I do know that and appreciate that like I said, For me personally it’s a forty mile round trip to home games. 
Taking into account the financial implications and travel restrictions it still leaves a large majority of fans that couldn’t be bothered, and that’s their prerogative, as long as they don’t want to be at front of the queue for an attractive tie.