Ban Fireworks

Day

Just thought I would get in here early for my annual request that all fireworks are banned. 

Soon as the clocks go back, the anti social folk will be out in their gardens setting these things off as they complain the following morning about the cost of living.

Maybe don’t waste your money on being anti social this year, just an idea. 

2 hours ago, David said:

Just thought I would get in here early for my annual request that all fireworks are banned. 

Soon as the clocks go back, the anti social folk will be out in their gardens setting these things off as they complain the following morning about the cost of living.

Maybe don’t waste your money on being anti social this year, just an idea. 

With you all the way , anti social , dangerous , boring as duck, expensive waste of money ,

did make me laugh the other day when I heard someone say the last person to enter the house of common s with honest intentions was guy falkes though

I don't like them. They're expensive and I don't really understand the enjoyment people derive from loud bangs/pretty colours. You could look through a kaleidoscope whilst someone repeatedly bangs a drum and get the same effect. I don't see how anyone can seriously justify a ban though. The arguments that they're dangerous and anti-social can be applied to many things. Shall we ban motorbikes too?

13 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Yearly rant about the effect they have on my dogs, chickens, quails...

I'm not against organised displays, but letting them off in residential areas shouldn't be allowed to happen. 

Can't they invent quiet fireworks or are the pretty colours not the point ?

there are quiet fireworks, at the least they should ban noise only fireworks 

17 minutes ago, sage said:

there are quiet fireworks, at the least they should ban noise only fireworks 

They should for private use, I don't mind if a proper display has noisy fireworks.

Loads of people have dogs - and the numbers shot up dramatically during lockdown, whilst I find fireworks mildly irritating one of my dogs gets quite upset and god knows whats going on outside in the chicken coop!

13 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I wouldn’t worry apparently no one can afford them this year anyway 

That's the part of David's original argument that rings the most true. The type of people who will be spaffing several hundred quid's worth of gunpowder impotently into the sky will be the first complaining about how they can't afford to heat their homes or feed their kids.

Edited by Anon

I had family members who worked at Hayley and Weller in Draycott Derbyshire, Fireworks were always free ?

One night we had a bonfire party and they brought some firework bombs that you bury in the ground, Well we buried them in the ground there were 3, Lit the fuse and stood back, The 1st one went off as should and flew into the sky...then there was a nuclear explosion of a sound I'd never heard, Loud enough to burst our eardrums, We ran inside as we knew there were 2 more on there way, WOW! ? the amount of buildings that shook ?

The family member said they were army issue as they had a contract from the M O D ?