Ban Fireworks

Day

On 06/10/2022 at 10:17, David said:

Just thought I would get in here early for my annual request that all fireworks are banned. 

Soon as the clocks go back, the anti social folk will be out in their gardens setting these things off as they complain the following morning about the cost of living.

Maybe don’t waste your money on being anti social this year, just an idea. 

Spoilsport,what you never,ever lit a firework.

6 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Well @David,  it says a lot about the area you live in, I’ve not heard one firework yet?

Maybe it’s time to move back to civilised Derbyshire?

Stop banging on about it anyway.

You live in a backwards town where owning a lighter is a luxury item 

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, David said:

So they have to sit in their own house all night wearing noise cancellation headphones, nice. Such considerate neighbours.

But you were concerned about the noise? It’s a solution if they hear the start of a session of fireworks.

tbh, most parents who’s children are effected by loud sound events will have this sorted already. Adults who need them too I’d imagine.

18 minutes ago, Boycie said:

But you were concerned about the noise? It’s a solution if they hear the start of a session of fireworks.

tbh, most parents who’s children are effected by loud sound events will have this sorted already. Adults who need them too I’d imagine.

I know you’re trolling here, but if someone’s activities are negatively affecting other people in their own homes, that’s wrong. 

If I lived next door to you and had music blaring out from 5pm to midnight, every night from October to January, would it be fair to ask you to sit and wear noise cancellation headphones?

If it was just one night, you knew it was coming you could prepare for it. That’s the point here, but as I say you’re trolling so won’t actually acknowledge the issue here.

1 hour ago, David said:

I know you’re trolling here, but if someone’s activities are negatively affecting other people in their own homes, that’s wrong. 

If I lived next door to you and had music blaring out from 5pm to midnight, every night from October to January, would it be fair to ask you to sit and wear noise cancellation headphones?

If it was just one night, you knew it was coming you could prepare for it. That’s the point here, but as I say you’re trolling so won’t actually acknowledge the issue here.

You talked about someone with Autism though?  If I lived next door to someone who I knew suffered with loud bangs I wouldn’t be letting off loud fireworks.  But unfortunately someone who lived let’s say at the other end of the garden wouldn’t possibly know that the person next door was having a meltdown about it so can’t really be blamed.

My neighbour has had a young Alsatian this year, and when the fireworks started the other week they took it outside and played ball with it to get it used to the noise.

So you want to ban fireworks to just one night, that’s fine, but then you’ll want to ban fireworks all together, it’ll never happen.

If I had a neighbour who played loud music from October to Jan from 5pm until midnight id more than likely report it to the council and let them sort it, or the police.  A bit like when someone reported my neighbour for having a bonfire during the day, a council person came straight out.

Trouble is, I doubt you know who to complain about when you’re on an estate etc.  If it was your neighbour letting of bangers I’d assume you’d have a word?

Im only trolling the fact that some people never moan until they get a dog.  It’s a bit like going to the footie and only moaning about the bad language when you take your kids with you.

16 minutes ago, Boycie said:

You talked about someone with Autism though?  If I lived next door to someone who I knew suffered with loud bangs I wouldn’t be letting off loud fireworks.  But unfortunately someone who lived let’s say at the other end of the garden wouldn’t possibly know that the person next door was having a meltdown about it so can’t really be blamed.

My neighbour has had a young Alsatian this year, and when the fireworks started the other week they took it outside and played ball with it to get it used to the noise.

So you want to ban fireworks to just one night, that’s fine, but then you’ll want to ban fireworks all together, it’ll never happen.

If I had a neighbour who played loud music from October to Jan from 5pm until midnight id more than likely report it to the council and let them sort it, or the police.  A bit like when someone reported my neighbour for having a bonfire during the day, a council person came straight out.

Trouble is, I doubt you know who to complain about when you’re on an estate etc.  If it was your neighbour letting of bangers I’d assume you’d have a word?

Im only trolling the fact that some people never moan until they get a dog.  It’s a bit like going to the footie and only moaning about the bad language when you take your kids with you.

Well said Boysie,itll never happen,how many million people around our world would stop using fireworks at Divali,come on David.