Derby County v Port Vale - The Matchday Thread

Day

Well, we have been absolutely s**t-housed there, on top of a bad refereeing performance. PV were a very limited side yet we can't argue with the result. And Collins not only threw this game for us, but potentially others he will be missing, that show of petulance was unacceptable. 2nd Peno was a peno (1st wasn't), the sending off was justified if only for total stupidity. Another team come to PP for a cup final and we send them away with happy memories again. These second halfs are getting embarrassing.

10 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

Well that was great. More points dropped against another team we should be beating. Anyone thinking we have a squad too good for this league should think again. If we can't beat teams like PV, the squad and the club will be in L1 still come the end of the season. 

Who thought any different 

yes theyre is some “household” names for those familiar with the championship but they we’re players where wages and agents fees we’re rock bottom and non existent

we got what we could and did well in that respect 

doesnt mean theyre any good still .. if better options had presented themselves to their agents they wouldnt have been with us 

Edited by NottsRam77

4 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Ref was a disaster...way out of his depth..although the 2nd was a penalty if it was our guys hand and Collins was a cert red card. But he gave us nothing all game..was just useless.

But end of the day we blew it..we were a goal up, well in control and we let it go.

After the first 10 minutes I wouldnt say we were well in control 

Just now, NottsRam77 said:

Who thought any different 

yes theyre is some “household” names for those familiar with the championship but they we’re players where wagers and agents fees we’re rock bottom and non existent

we got what we could and did well in that respect 

doesnt mean theyre any good still .. if better options had presented themselves to their agents they wouldnt have been with us 

I think you will find quite a few posters have been saying that the players we have are too good for this league...

2 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

oh give over, we've been playing with ten men for over half an hour

We had a goal start, gave away 2 penalties, had a man sent off.

In the last 6 games we've beaten Cambridge and Wycombe but lost at home to Plymouth and PortVale, lost to Lincoln and couldn't beat Mansfield.

If anybody thinks the players are the best squad in the league they are deluded. Remember this is Port Vale (absolutely no disrespect intended) and we are at home. We should be winning with ten men!!

3 minutes ago, alram said:

Absolute rubbish

the dynamic of the season changed when clowes sacked LR, i think most were happy with the slower build but the pressure is on now. 

lets see how we look in a month but the season will become very long with a bad upcoming month.

Good grief. 

2 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

I think you will find quite a few posters have been saying that the players we have are too good for this league...

Yes your right…. 

again that derby county entitlement didnt take long to show its head 

we had players too good for the champ too according to the same posters

3 minutes ago, alram said:

Absolute rubbish

the dynamic of the season changed when clowes sacked LR, i think most were happy with the slower build but the pressure is on now. 

lets see how we look in a month but the season will become very long with a bad upcoming month.

Can we stop with the dramatics! This was very much of a freakish result, poor refereeing and a stupid individual mistake (Stearman) 

That second pen was utterly brainless and everything went tits up from there.

The ref was utterly shocking but the fact our performance in the second half was mostly a brainless shower of incompetence is why we lost that.

Port Vale are rubbish. We handed them a nice present today.

5 minutes ago, alram said:

Absolute rubbish

I wanted to keep LR but let’s give Warne some time. We are still only 3 points off the play offs.

The focus will be on the ref, but we looked garbage. Headless chickens, no composure, unorganised, quick to give the ball away, no ideas, endlessly pumping bad balls into the final third.

There is nothing left of all the good parts of Rosenior’s game.

Obviously not writing Warne off yet. I know we’re only three games in, but all three performances have had similar traits. I’m hoping this is a step back to move forward, because right now I’m not seeing anything positive this new coaching staff are trying to do.