Cambridge Utd v Derby (A) matchday thread

archram

On 25/09/2022 at 14:17, Ghost of Clough said:

I'll be there on the 1st. I won't spoil it for you by revealing the result until the week after though. 

Wildsmith

Chester   Davies   Cashin

Mendez-Laing       Bird       Roberts

Knight   Hourihane

Collins   McGoldrick

Subs: Loach, Stearman, Forsyth, Smith, Sibley, Barkhuizen, Dobbin

Swap Knight and NML around. Like that. 

I'm not saying that we wouldn't have beat Cambridge if Rosenior was still in charge, but can you imagine the sheer elation if we get a win away at the first time of trying under Warne. It would be a huge boost mentally for the players, but more significantly the fans who won't be anxious going away. 

If we draw/lose then it will just be a case of 'Warne's not had enough time with the players - it will change' 

Almost a free hit for the players, with a huge upside if we win. 

6 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

33         37  ?      20

32         21        22      20        31

34           31

subs: 19, 36, 22, 21, ?‍?

Tonight’s lotto lucky dip ? 

2 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

33         37  ?      20

32         21        22      20        31

34           31

subs: 19, 36, 22, 21, ?‍?

Now that's the lineup of a brave manager.

I'm not sure 32 is cut out for the wing back role though, nor 21 at CM.

34 hasn't played their before, but he's already been converted from CB to CM this season, so why not go that little bit further?

20 and 31 have their work cut out. Lots of energy required in the  LCB AND CM positions and LWB AND CF positions at the same time.

21 coming on for 21 early in the Second half for fresh legs?

26 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Now that's the lineup of a brave manager.

I'm not sure 32 is cut out for the wing back role though, nor 21 at CM.

34 hasn't played their before, but he's already been converted from CB to CM this season, so why not go that little bit further?

20 and 31 have their work cut out. Lots of energy required in the  LCB AND CM positions and LWB AND CF positions at the same time.

21 coming on for 21 early in the Second half for fresh legs?

Why am I not surprised that you know all the players’ ages !

Bonner staying at Cambridge which is annoying. Him leaving would've made saturday an easy start, as it is they have a decent home record and will be buoyed by his loyalty. Think this one could be a draw, but will be interesting to see how we shape up under Warne. 

Picking XI is guesswork at the moment. We don't know which system he'll go for. Will he have just the one? One for home games and another away? Will he change things to nullify the opposition. Here's some thoughts.

Someone said he's said he likes Osula so will he start?

He has said he wants lots of crosses into the opposition box so will that put Fozzy ahead of Roberts?

My guess, barring injury, is 

Wildsmith

Chester Davies Cashin

Bird

NML Sibley Hourihane Knight

Osula Collins

3 hours ago, MadAmster said:

Picking XI is guesswork at the moment. We don't know which system he'll go for. Will he have just the one? One for home games and another away? Will he change things to nullify the opposition. Here's some thoughts.

Someone said he's said he likes Osula so will he start?

He has said he wants lots of crosses into the opposition box so will that put Fozzy ahead of Roberts?

My guess, barring injury, is 

Wildsmith

Chester Davies Cashin

Bird

NML Sibley Hourihane Knight

Osula Collins

What no McGoldrick? 

43 minutes ago, angieram said:

Shame about Smith and Rooney. Think both will be good players for Warne.

I like them a lot too. Korey seems to split opinion on here, but I think he can be a big player for us. The Rooney lad looks like a flat-out baller to me. He's very exciting and might well prove to be our best bit of transfer business.

3 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I like them a lot too. Korey seems to split opinion on here, but I think he can be a big player for us. The Rooney lad looks like a flat-out baller to me. He's very exciting and might well prove to be our best bit of transfer business.

Don’t think Smith splits opinion too much. Just, quite rightly, people have said he can’t play in a 3 with Hourihane and Bird. There was no balance to that at all when they all wanted the ball to feet and to play simple.