Please trust David Clowes

Curtains

8 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Why would anyone not trust Clowes. He's hardly built up his business empire in the back of being a supine incompetent.

Or got lucky on the back of a random video game phenomena or dating websites. 

David Clowes took over the business from his father. I would suspect there is people in company that have continued to run the business on the same track that his dad ran it.

I trust that DC believes he is doing what is right for the club.  And we certainly have a lot to thank him for so I think he deserves a lot of slack. 

Will Warne proof be a good  call? I have no idea.  Let's wait and see what happens in the league before we judge.

At least Clowes is being decisive. It's a big call to make so soon into a season, after a slow but far from disastrous start.  LR can consider himself unlucky, but Clowes has to consider what is good for Derby County, not what is good for LR.  

7 minutes ago, Highgate said:

I trust that DC believes he is doing what is right for the club.  And we certainly have a lot to thank him for so I think he deserves a lot of slack. 

Will Warne proof be a good  call? I have no idea.  Let's wait and see what happens in the league before we judge.

At least Clowes is being decisive. It's a big call to make so soon into a season, after a slow but far from disastrous start.  LR can consider himself unlucky, but Clowes has to consider what is good for Derby County, not what is good for LR.  

Pretty simple really, a top 6 finish minimum and the decision will have been the right one ?

7 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Pretty simple really, a top 6 finish minimum and the decision will have been the right one ?

Anything less than a top 6 finish in my eyes would mean the wrong call by David Clowes and the board. Also if we did get promoted, Paul Warne's record in the Championship is crap. I hope I'm proved wrong, but I think they have made the wrong decision.

David Clowes hiring a new head coach this early in the international break is a hugely positive move.

We were 7th after a run of some fairly simple games. Poor football, no goals away from home, no wins away from home, some poor tactics and probably one of the worse 45 minutes of game management against Plymouth 2nd half, I have ever seen.

Clowes isn't Mel Morris, he is a Real businessman and a real fan of this club, if he thinks Liam needed replacing then he did.

The worry would have been if he had come out and backed Liam and said "you just watch us once we click", like some fans were saying. 

Well done Clowes.

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod