Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

2 hours ago, GeneralRam said:

I f****** love this man and how he is. Just a bit too lick arse to Liverpool and makes us seem a bit smaller on what we are (were?) and what we can be (will be? Eventually?)

I hope he gets results and stays in the job. If he does a Nigel Clough job at a faster pace we'll be golden.

Not really, just realistic 

3 hours ago, GeneralRam said:

I f****** love this man and how he is. Just a bit too lick arse to Liverpool and makes us seem a bit smaller on what we are (were?) and what we can be (will be? Eventually?)

I hope he gets results and stays in the job. If he does a Nigel Clough job at a faster pace we'll be golden.

Is it possible for a manager to do a Nigel Clough job at a slower rate is the question ?

On 13/11/2022 at 08:41, Tyler Durden said:

Is it possible for a manager to do a Nigel Clough job at a slower rate is the question ?

Nigel did a terrific job. When he took over we were in grave danger of plummeting through several trap doors. He laid the deep foundations that saw us through and turned us around. He built the Academy. It took him 6 years of very hard graft in all. Let’s not forget this. We owe him big time and let’s face it, the Club dumped him rather unceremoniously. His assembled team/squad were then very competitive for several seasons afterwards & but for Madam Football/Lady Luck would’ve gone to the Prem under Mac. 

Credit where credit is due. 

2 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Nigel did a terrific job. When he took over we were in grave danger of plummeting through several trap doors. He laid the deep foundations that saw us through and turned us around. He built the Academy. It took him 6 years of very hard graft in all. Let’s not forget this. We owe him big time and let’s face it, the Club dumped him rather unceremoniously. His assembled team/squad were then very competitive for several seasons afterwards & but for Madam Football/Lady Luck would’ve gone to the Prem under Mac. 

Yes I think so. There were times when there were complaints of bland football during Nigel's tenure, but on reflection, when you consider what he had to deal with (the mess left by Paul Jewell and the constraints during the rebuild), NC did a sterling job. 

14 hours ago, Ellafella said:

As said, a large number of Clough signings were still at the club for many many years after him, just look at Fozzy. Then away from that, the academy setup (once famed, before admin ripped to pieces) is still headed up by the team he brought in through Wassall and his old mates. Clough's imprint at the club is still there and hopefully with Warne we'll get very similar longevity and success. Just quicker, as folk have said. 

18 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

I wish he wouldn't continue to get all this exposure to talk about his philosophies etc. He's constantly in the public eye talking about his methods. I'd rather he had a good long period now of just quietly getting on with the job 

This was filmed in the run up to the Ipswich game that was live on Sky.  Not sure all of it was shown as part of the pre-match but quite a bit was.  He’d only been in job a few weeks then.

45 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

I wish he wouldn't continue to get all this exposure to talk about his philosophies etc. He's constantly in the public eye talking about his methods. I'd rather he had a good long period now of just quietly getting on with the job 

I get it, but on the other hand, I can understand the club really want to rebuild the larger perception and image of us as we move on from being "the example of everything bad about modern football" (probably overstating it, but it felt like that was how we were seen at times) Whilst not being forgot about as a league 1 club.

It'll settle down naturally in time.

52 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

I'm happy to see us in the media as much as possible - it's not like with Mel in charge! 

1 hour ago, Gerry Daly said:

Why?  You don't have to watch it.

I didn't see anyone post the comparison between LR and PW after 12 games each (which happened after the MK Dons match), but apologies if I missed it (for PW I'm being generous and including penalty shoot-out defeats as draws):

LR: P12, W7, D2, L3, F15, A11.

PW: P12, W4, D5, L3, F18, A13.

A comparison of 9 league games will be possible after the Portsmouth game tonight. But has PW been an improvement on LR over his first 12 games?? Not for me so far.

18 minutes ago, DB83 said:

I didn't see anyone post the comparison between LR and PW after 12 games each (which happened after the MK Dons match), but apologies if I missed it (for PW I'm being generous and including penalty shoot-out defeats as draws):

LR: P12, W7, D2, L3, F15, A11.

PW: P12, W4, D5, L3, F18, A13.

A comparison of 9 league games will be possible after the Portsmouth game tonight. But has PW been an improvement on LR over his first 12 games?? Not for me so far.

Who cares