Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

8 minutes ago, metalsheep02 said:

So are you saying Warne isn't currently under contract at Rotherham and free to take another job as he wishes?

I didn't say anything about his contract.

If Derby have asked Rotherham's permission to speak to him which I'm sure we would have done, no rules have been broken. 

I'm not 100% sure where you're going with this.

1 hour ago, DanS1992 said:

All this is if's and but's. We have no clue if they will adapt to Warne's style of play, nor do we know what Warne's style of play will be. Maybe what he implemented at Rotherham was down to the ressources he had available to him, no one really knows apart from the man himself. 
What is certain, this bloke has got 3 promotions from L1 quite a few as Champions. I for one am prepared to give him a go.

While I agree in principal. If he does come here it would be hard to change his style based on the fact that he has had success with his current direct style and he will believe that 3 promotions with that style is the way forward (regardless of talent in the squad). He has never had the so called talent so has never had experience of playing any other way. Why would he change what he believes is a winning method? 

1 hour ago, DanS1992 said:

Okay.... I think you will find a free agent is a player who either has chosen to run down his contract in order to have a new challenge elsewhere, or a player who's contract the club doesn't want to renew. When the said player is a free agent, it hardly means that nobody wants him. Just look a Hourihane, a free agent yet there were a host of clubs vying for his signature.

You can add Wildsmith and NML, who were both offered contracts at Sheff Weds, but chose to come to Derby, I believe.

30 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

anyone holding that last day of the season interview against him needs to get their head out their asre 

early indications and from a Rotherham perspective he is man of morals and dignity. in that split second, whilst upset about his own teams fortunes, of being asked he probably believed we stayed up due to Mel Morris' immoral ways and bending of the rules. can anyone really disagree with him?

You spelt boottm wrong

33 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I wonder what Curtis D is thinking about all this?

His performances in the past two games have been perhaps not surprisingly, shaky.

I thought he was a little lucky to get his place back straight away and not be on the bench, Stearman being the unfortunate one.

Against Wycombe, He passed the ball to their player well into the Wycombes half, A very quick break was on, Davies struggled to get back and defend.

Warne is a stickler for fitness I believe, If he comes here players had better adapt to a new training method ?

46 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I wonder what Curtis D is thinking about all this?

Under Rooney and Rosenior he was a colossus, leading from the front and being the rallying spokesperson for the team. 

Rooney left and CD confirmed in interviews that LR had done most of the coaching so had his support.

During his injury though he was strangely silent and now LR is being replaced.

His performances in the past two games have been perhaps not surprisingly, shaky.

Will we see the old defiant character back under a new manager?

Can Warne instil a more ruthless approach?

It would be interesting to hear Curtis D’s thoughts, his silence in the last month or so  probably tells its own story.

Most if not all on here said at the start of the season League1 is a tough division, Fast and physical, LRs approach was different, Gets players in with a little pedigree, Plays a rigid formation that dictates how much possession we'll have, Unfortunately, And in LRs words we've been watched and the opposition have worked us out, Well I was dumbfounded, Fancy a team watching another team to find out how they play.

If Warne has been offered the job and if Warne accepts the job, The game plan will be different, They play a mix of fast pace and pressure teams into making mistakes, Get balls into the box with players waiting for the crosses, Instead of keeping the ball, Letting the opposition re set their defence who then break fast and put us under pressure and score.

There's not a person on this planet who knows what the outcome will be if Warne takes over, If he does he'll get my support as LR did.

COYRs 

14 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Wildsmith came from Sunderland I believe. Did wendies offer him something?

Wildsmith had been with Sheffield Wednesday since he was a youth. Born and raised there.

Edited by ANGERMAN1
Ah, Ram59 beat me to it. Not sure how to delete my comment, so now I look both slow and foolish ?

Not a fan of this decision. It absolutely stinks of short term thinking which I thought we'd all had enough of under Mel. In the long term Warne has not shown he can do an adequate job in the second division which is where we want to be. As a result of this we're ripping up the playbook 11 games in and giving the reigns to a bloke who's style of football is antithetical to the one we've been playing? I just can't make it make sense. I agree Rosenior could have done better, I've felt at times quite critical of our tactics and performances even when we've won games but this is a damn stupid appointment. 

34 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What an amazing speech - how could you not win after hearing that? (Can't even imagine Liam speaking it.)

Great question.

I heard that speech on the BBC Moment of Truth podcast........after which they drew 0-0 with Shrewsbury away and were rubbish!

Mixed feelings. Sorry to see LR go and would have like him to succeed. But I think PW is also a decent bloke (i.e. is a thinker and isn't a bully boy ranter) and he knows his way around this division.

I'm not sure there will be a massive change in style - more a change in pace and positivity.

53 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

I didn't say anything about his contract.

If Derby have asked Rotherham's permission to speak to him which I'm sure we would have done, no rules have been broken. 

I'm not 100% sure where you're going with this.

It is your comments about Warne being a paragon of morals and dignity that I have doubts about.... in light of him walking away from Rotherham. I agree, no rules broken but morals and dignity I don't see Warne's actions as supporting those behaviours.

1 minute ago, metalsheep02 said:

It is your comments about Warne being a paragon of morals and dignity that I have doubts about.... in light of him walking away from Rotherham. I agree, no rules broken but morals and dignity I don't see Warne's actions as supporting those behaviours.

Would also add that had Warne been at Derby under Mel’s tenure with the money that was made available, I’m not so sure he would still have a few things to say about that.

Never once heard of a manager complaining that they have been backed too much.

11 hours ago, Andicis said:

He hasn't ever had a competitive squad or budget. Even at League One level, his budget and squad wasn't brilliant. He did well to get them promoted three times. He has good pedigree in League One. 

What evidence was there that Rosenior would be a success? His football was neat and tidy, but ultimately slow and a bit toothless. Slightly Cocu, in my opinion. 

Very Cocu really.