Lincoln v Derby (A) Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

This is obviously just my opinion but based on what I have seen in every game this season 

the new manager is trying to shoe horn some of the players he signed into the side despite them not looking very good.

Collins - he is a worker but as we have seen he doesn’t hold the ball up but then again we haven’t got any midfield runners, feel sorry for him at times

Roberts - he is ok but is he a better choice than Forsyth in this league - I don’t think so and I hope we haven’t signed one of those loans where he has to play a certain percentage of games 

Hourihane - good left foot but he can’t use it in combination with his right to run very far which puts him in a similar bracket to Bird and you shouldn’t have both playing together because the opponent are all over them.

Smith - nice little worker but with not an adventurous player is he so when selected with Bird and Hourihane we are not going past the centre circle 

Barkhauzen - has done fine but looks to be the fall guy to drop to the bench 

mendiz Lang - he has always been hit or miss and well worth selecting but I doubt he will ever finish a 90 minute game 

we can play a midfield that is mobile and competitive but at what point will we?

anyway I hope they go out in the second half and do much better 

11 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Hoping for a reaction in the second half.

Too frenetic, too sloppy in possession.

No one imposing himself in midfield. 

McGoldrick on at the hour mark but he won’t do anything unless his colleagues support him.

There ALWAYS is a reaction in the second half but only from the other team. 

Just now, Warwick Ram said:

I honestly think Liam will be in trouble soon. We simply are not good enough. I keep banging on about it but this decision not to acquire a right bank and play Knight there is major alarm bells.

I'd like to see Knight in midfield too. He's a very good right back but he's wasted there. But apparently Chester and Smith can both play right back and I suspect Rooney could too so it can still happen.

This is a transitional season. Rosenior's performance should be evaluated at the end of it unless we look like we're going to go down. He needs time and deserves a proper chance.