Morecambe v Derby (A) Matchday thread

Bwash_Ram

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

There’s still a long way to go, we’re only 2 points outside the top six, have players to come back from injury and may be able to strengthen slightly in January. We could still mathematically finish anywhere from top to bottom of the table. 

My plan is to accept we got a point away from home tonight and have a cup game to focus on on Sunday. 

Yeah, it's crazy to write this season off on the first day of November after a good performance, albeit poor result. We'll be there or there abouts come the end of the season. 

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

F me that was thrown away.  That team we played were incredibly poor, they'll be relegated. The wasting of opportunities is getting beyond ridiculous as is the poor defensive play giving teams goals.  Does any team have to work for a goal against us.  Last actual decent goal against was Wycombe's..  That first half on Saturday was some weird aberration.  

They have never been relegated in their history believe it or not..

A bad result, but can’t fault performance or effort. Can’t blame Warne. We had more than enough chances to bury this game. Sometimes it goes like that. It was important we didn’t lose. The Accrington game has evened itself out. Can’t believe we missed two penalties. 

Squad is looking very thin and it was a young team at the end. 

We are still in a good position. Definitely more positives than negatives. 

For all the shots, the huff and puff, the slim squad facts...that was an embarrassing result and I'm angry with the players.

Experienced, in-form players rolling weak penalties along the floor? Pathetic. Take responsibility, pick a side and lift it hard into the roof of the net.

Positives? Roberts, Mendez-Laing as usual, Sibley got a confidence boosting goal, and Dobbin had a much more involved display.

2 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

Experienced, in-form players rolling weak penalties along the floor? Pathetic. Take responsibility, pick a side and lift it hard into the roof of the net.

Positives? Roberts, Mendez-Laing as usual, Sibley got a confidence boosting goal, and Dobbin had a much more involved display.

You make it sound so easy when you put it like that 

Probably why both of them came to a League 1 side on a free 

4 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

For all the shots, the huff and puff, the slim squad facts...that was an embarrassing result and I'm angry with the players.

It's only embarrassing if others notice. Trust me, nobody's looking at Division 3.

9 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

There’s still a long way to go, we’re only 2 points outside the top six, have players to come back from injury and may be able to strengthen slightly in January. We could still mathematically finish anywhere from top to bottom of the table. 

My plan is to accept we got a point away from home tonight and have a cup game to focus on on Sunday. 

Torquay have warmed up nicely for that one with six of the best 

56 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

What has bird achually done ut makes me sick hes done nothing apart from give the ball away 4 or 5 times with awful passes a weak shot start of the first half get your head out of his arse hes costing us every week 

There seems to be a lot of Bird & Sibley negative comments on here tonight (and in previous matches). Other players gave the ball away just as many times but don't get the criticism. I watched the match  on Rams TV and Shaun Barker gave the MOM to Dobbin but also mentioned that Bird and Sibley were very good tonight. I have got to agree with Shaun Barker, an ex-pro who knows what he's talking about. I also felt Cashin was solid again tonight, so was our keeper and Roberts at left back. Collins and Mcgoldrick were off the mark tonight and not scoring their penalties probably summed up their night.

Just now, Blondest Goat said:

Not sure what people expected from tommo in 10 minutes.

I'm not criticising his overall performance tonight, as you say, he wasn't on long enough, but that shocking shot in a great position under no pressure was very poor (unless is bobbled up awkwardly).  

1 minute ago, Blondest Goat said:

Not sure what people expected from tommo in 10 minutes.

You can just tell he ain't got it. You can be small and weak but you have to have technical ability to get away with the lack there of. He hasn't and isn't good enough to be around the squad. Nothing against the lad just facts.