Morecambe v Derby (A) Matchday thread

Bwash_Ram

3 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I'm posting this in both threads while we wait for the mods to decide what to do:

With all the injuries and Hourihane suspended, the team should be:

Wildsmith

Smith     Cashin     Forsyth     Roberts

Mendez-Laing     Sibley     Bird     Dobbin

Collins     McGoldrick

Will be Sibley or Thompson? that is the question for me. 

8 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

Will be Sibley or Thompson? that is the question for me. 

Think he might go with Thompson, with Sibbo being held back as an attacking option off the bench.

Osula should be made to watch a video of the game to show him the effort required up front to get a starting berth.

He looked very resigned to a future on the bench, given McGoldrick and Collins’ performances, but he had an excellent opportunity against a woeful Bristol defence, to show how good he can be.

19 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Think he might go with Thompson, with Sibbo being held back as an attacking option off the bench.

Osula should be made to watch a video of the game to show him the effort required up front to get a starting berth.

He looked very resigned to a future on the bench, given McGoldrick and Collins’ performances, but he had an excellent opportunity against a woeful Bristol defence, to show how good he can be.

When? And as compared to Dobbin's chance say.

27 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

He didn't particularly, we were in "see the game out" mode at that point. That said, really need to see more from him, particularly at home.

12 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I'm posting this in both threads while we wait for the mods to decide what to do:

With all the injuries and Hourihane suspended, the team should be:

Wildsmith

Smith     Cashin     Forsyth     Roberts

Mendez-Laing     Sibley     Bird     Dobbin

Collins     McGoldrick

My team too…

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The team will be:

Wildsmith

Smith   Cashin   Forsyth   Roberts

Tommo   Bird

Mendez-Laing   Collins   McGoldrick   Dobbin

Subs: Loach, Oduroh, Rooney, Stearman, Hawkins, Sibley, Osula

Osula will come on for McGoldrick, Rooney on for Tommo, Sibley on for Dobbin.

I'd start with Rooney. Morecambe are a big team.

Tommo could come in CM or WM if we are winning. 

6 minutes ago, sage said:

I'd start with Rooney. Morecambe are a big team.

Tommo could come in CM or WM if we are winning. 

Rooney (and Oduroh) still haven't played in the league. That'll be because Warne doesn't thunk they're ready yet, so I can't see either being given a start at this stage.

Something else to note. Cashin needs to avoid picking up another yellow in the next 4 games or is suspended for 1 match.

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Rooney (and Oduroh) still haven't played in the league. That'll be because Warne doesn't thunk they're ready yet, so I can't see either being given a start at this stage.

Something else to note. Cashin needs to avoid picking up another yellow in the next 4 games or is suspended for 1 match.

I think PW will pick Tommo. Just saying what I'd do

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Or make sure he gets a yellow at Morecambe and then misses the Torquay match but is back for Liverpool ?

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Agree with this 100%.

When he came on at the weekend he looked like he was running in treacle.