Joe Haigh signed on a half season loan

Srg

6 hours ago, Srg said:

Sort of. Think he can play centrally as well as either side. When NML was missing at the weekend we didn’t have a player on the bench to bring on out wide, could see depth was nowhere. 

The odd thing about this one though is if we are expecting 2 signings which are supposedly a striker and a right back, according to Derbyshire Live… then where does this fit? Would this be a third? If so, that says only one of the the striker or right back can be a loan, because you can only have 5. 

There appears to be quite a few striker options who are currently unattached. If we're going for one of them, the transfer deadline and loan limit is irrelevant.  Quite possible that we'll see Haigh and a right back today and a striker next week.

9 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Pretty sure you can have more than 5 loans. Think it’s 8 max. Just cannot be more than 5 loanees in a matchday squad.

We're obviously rebuilding after the traumas of recent times but I'd like us to keep loans down to a minimum in the long term. 

Who do we currently have on loan? Anang, Roberts and Dobbin isn't it?

3 minutes ago, Rampant said:

We're obviously rebuilding after the traumas of recent times but I'd like us to keep loans down to a minimum in the long term. 

Who do we currently have on loan? Anang, Roberts and Dobbin isn't it?

Yeah, A R and D. Would be a good loan signing if we can get H too and no doubt Liam is working hard to make it happen.

Feel like we need a disclaimer on any discussions like they do on credit card adverts...because if this is our only business today I want to say 'well that's disappointing...'

Immediately below the disclaimer in small font will say 'this statement is correct at point of issue and implies no criticism of Mr Clowes. I remain aware that the club finances are still on the mend and I apologise for any apparent entitlement or failure to give due reflection on our situation these last few months.'

6 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Why go from Chelsea youth team to Derby youth team/U21??? Doesn't make much sense to me...

Because he's not quite good enough for them, but would be for us a league lower? 

Because they are overloaded with attacking midfielders and need to get him some regular game time?

Because we're one injury or suspension from him getting a few first team games?

Chelsea's academy is huge, they usually have more players out on loan than actually playing for them!