Joe Haigh signed on a half season loan

Srg

Just now, Van der MoodHoover said:

??? Do we need one of these? 

Sort of. Think he can play centrally as well as either side. When NML was missing at the weekend we didn’t have a player on the bench to bring on out wide, could see depth was nowhere. 

The odd thing about this one though is if we are expecting 2 signings which are supposedly a striker and a right back, according to Derbyshire Live… then where does this fit? Would this be a third? If so, that says only one of the the striker or right back can be a loan, because you can only have 5. 

22 minutes ago, Srg said:

Sort of. Think he can play centrally as well as either side. When NML was missing at the weekend we didn’t have a player on the bench to bring on out wide, could see depth was nowhere. 

The odd thing about this one though is if we are expecting 2 signings which are supposedly a striker and a right back, according to Derbyshire Live… then where does this fit? Would this be a third? If so, that says only one of the the striker or right back can be a loan, because you can only have 5. 

Pretty sure you can have more than 5 loans. Think it’s 8 max. Just cannot be more than 5 loanees in a matchday squad.

10 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Pretty sure you can have more than 5 loans. Think it’s 8 max. Just cannot be more than 5 loanees in a matchday squad.

One of our loaned players is already crocked so just as well. But he is a goalie so I would expect him to be in the matchday squad when he is fit. 

If this is true I would imagine Rosenior has been unable to find a right back to bring in.

Knowing we're gonna miss Knight's quality in midfield this is the alternative to bringing in a right back.

I'm more than happy for Knight to play RB. The main reason I wanted a RB was because it would mean Knight can then play midfield.

But if we bring an attacking midfielder in who can run with the ball them I'm happy with that.

Seems a little strange, unless we've got to the bottom of our striker list and the plan is to use Dobbin or Barkhuizen down the middle when necessary with this lad out wide. 

That said, a little more depth won't hurt. I'd still want a ST and a RB in tomorrow.

Edited by RamsFan10

Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

If this is true I would imagine Rosenior has been unable to find a right back to bring in.

Knowing we're gonna miss Knight's quality in midfield this is the alternative to bringing in a right back.

I'm more than happy for Knight to play RB. The main reason I wanted a RB was because it would mean Knight can then play midfield.

But if we bring an attacking midfielder in who can run with the ball them I'm happy with that.

Actually, getting to the bottom of our RB list is a far more likely explanation than what I just said. 

9 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Seems a little strange, unless we've got to the bottom of our striker list and the plan is to use Dobbin or Barkhuizen down the middle when necessary with this lad out wide. 

That said, a little more depth won't hurt. I'd still want a ST and a RB in tomorrow.

I think more likely we will use this lad if he signs as a false 9, like McGoldrick.  I can't see McGoldrick playing any game for a full 90. 

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Knight will be RB for the season.

Mendez-Laing, Barkhuizen, McGoldrick, Sibley, Dobbin and this guy to rotate as the three behind Collins and A.N.Other