Lee Buchanan

marbs_ram

10 hours ago, Sparkle said:

He isn’t though - the fact that he left the way he did was extremely disappointing compared to others

I just got the impression that Plange, Stretton, Thompson and Buchanan (in particular) were just doing their best to survive through games last (last?) season. All of them looked particularly out of their depth, in my opinion. I know all three/four have admirers in some corners, but they largely looked uncomfortable. They got opporunities because of what a state the club were in - Ebiowei, Ebosele and Cashin on the other hand took to it like a duck to water. 

Just my impression, of course, but would be happy to see BIrmingham sink money into him knowing he's going to disappoint. He makes Max Lowe look like Lahm. 

Edited by Ambitious

8 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I just got the impression that Plange, Stretton, Thompson and Buchanan (in particular) were just doing their best to survive through games last (last?) season. All of them looked particularly out of their depth, in my opinion. I know all three/four have admirers in some corners, but they largely looked uncomfortable. They got opporunities because of what a state the club were in - Ebiowei, Ebosele and Cashin on the other hand took to it like a duck to water. 

Just my impression, of course, but would be happy to see BIrmingham sink money into him knowing he's going to disappoint. He makes Max Lowe look like Lahm. 

Has more learning for sure but he was decent enough to continue with, I agree about Stretton and and Plange whilst Tompson has a bit about him that I like but league one may not be his type of football and our current objective is getting back to the championship and Tompson height seems to go against him in team selection to often

Signing for Swansea - remains to be seen if it turns out to be a good signing for them. I honestly thought he was just surviving at Championship level, he played football like a centre back playing full-back, but had the frame of a full-back. I think he came through the academy as a centre back but obviously didn't grow into one. Nyatanga-lite. 

It will be interesting to see how we gets on back in England anyway. 

43 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Signing for Swansea - remains to be seen if it turns out to be a good signing for them. I honestly thought he was just surviving at Championship level, he played football like a centre back playing full-back, but had the frame of a full-back. I think he came through the academy as a centre back but obviously didn't grow into one. Nyatanga-lite. 

It will be interesting to see how we gets on back in England anyway. 

Swansea is in Wales. 

11 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Good luck to the lad. Short career. Go where the money is. Football fans will always be fickle.

It's entirely possible to go where the money is and go out there to make a career for yourself, without first s******* on the front garden and pissing in the milk bottles of the people who adopted you at a young age, put you through school and allowed you to gain work experience in the family business.

Edited by Kokosnuss

53 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

It's entirely possible to go where the money is and go out there to make a career for yourself, without first s******* on the front garden and pissing in the milk bottles of the people who adopted you at a young age, put you through school and allowed you to gain work experience in the family business.

It’s a different view. If he gave of his best during his time of employment with us, which I understand he did, and he had an opportunity (albeit fortunate) to walk away for a better job and better pay, there are few on here who wouldn’t have done the same. Family business made me chuckle by the way.

2 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

Exactly this. I am sure we would not have stood in his way should he want to leave. We would have just expected the comp we deserve for the time, facilities and effort put in to making him the footballer he is today. I'm not one to hate on any player who leaves us to better themselves, or those forced out, but he and his advisors are a bunch of Cnuts.