Clubs you quite like?

IslandExile

To balance my other thread (despised clubs), which clubs do you quite like? Or dislike the least.

I'm not into "second clubs" and all that, so no half-and-half scarves around here please.

But which other clubs do you have an ounce of affection for?

My son supports Southampton, so it's less stressful for the family if they do well (we're dreading this season). 

Apart from them, I have a soft spot for Notts County. But, that's about it really.

AFC Wimbledon are my stand out. Been to watch them a few times & think they're the ultimate example of fan power beating inept football governing bodies

Got a lot of time for Blackpool & also appreciated clubs like Bournemouth, Bolton, Rochdale & Oldham standing with us last yr. And want Bury to return to the League asap.

Also got a soft spot for Wolves, Portsmouth & Sunderland. Big clubs, lots of history, well supported, bit unfashionable...birds of a feather with DCFC perhaps

Edited by LeedsCityRam

Man City. Wife’s family are all supporters, including her late father, one of her ancestors also played for them decades ago too. 

They’re a medium sized club, along with us, who have upset the applecart of the big boys in English football. What’s not to appreciate? They were averaging over 30,000 fans a game in the third division whilst their nearest rivals were winning the treble in one of the best seasons any club has ever had.

I’m all for those 32,868 fans who watched City lose at home to Stockport County on 7th December 1999 when just a few days before United dismantled a strong Everton team 5-1 in the same city. Look at their situation now, they’re truly an embodiment of hope to all of us that one day we may find ourselves in a similar situation. Unlikely, for sure, but they must’ve felt the same as us at times. 

Not to mention, I can also appreciate how they invested in their facilities for their academy players, look after their back room staff and was one of the true pioneering clubs of women’s football. It’s really a well run club. 

Liverpool, they were a great team when I was growing up, could only admire them.

Charlton, went down to see them at the Boleyn Ground in the early 90’s met a great bunch of fans, glad to see that they got home in the end.

Blackpool, especially how they remembered their previous issues and had sympathy with ours.

Notts county.

Theyve have had the same level of ups and downs as our lot.

a lot of my mates who arnt red dogs are county and so iv been with them many a time home and away to support them but more for the social side and bants.

that league cup game at the city ground when notts took them all the way i was in the bridgford end with notts and sang every bit as hard as if i was backing the rams, was an epic and incredible atmosphere

they hate forest as much as we do so theyre alright by me lol

7 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Swansea (uni days and lived there for years), Coventry, Blackpool, Watford, Dundee FC, Dundee Utd, Arsenal, Southampton. Probably more, takes a lot for me to really take a dislike to a club.

You are someone of great resilience ?

More on topic though, it takes a lot for me to either like or dislike another club, I really don't care. I support Derby, Derby U21, Derby U18, Derby Women, Derby & district U13 paper boys second XI. Oh, and Belper Town. I've got several friends who want the bantz about how well their teams are doing, or not, but I don't give a flying cluck.

24 minutes ago, BriggRam said:

Vitesse Arnhem........once a year they even change there colours to maroon and blue to commemorate the British Airborne Forces that fought there in 1944 ?

Never knew that. Just had a quick wiki-read on it.  Nice touch, that!

One for them... ?

And another for you, for mentioning it.  ?