Matchday Thread - Mansfield Town v Derby County (09/08 19:45)

Ghost of Clough

Wildsmith

Oduroh    Davies    Stearman    Forsyth

Smith    Thompson

Knight    Sibley    Dobbin

Collins

Subs: Loach, Cashin, Roberts, Robinson, Bird, Hourihane, Aghatise, Mendez-Laing, Barkhuizen.

Give some of the squad a run out for fitness and get Smith and Knight in positions that they are more familiar with. Collins stays in to give him some chances of getting on the scoresheet and getting some confidence back in front of goal.

Think we’ll lose this, Clough always seems to get his sides to over-perform against teams he has a grudge against.

Thought maybe after everything we’ve been through he’d have mellowed towards us but he was just moaning about how it’s not been picked for tele and how hard a job it was here.

5 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

Is it a Derbyshire-Nottinghamshire thing? The Stags also hate Chesterfield with a passion!

That hatred is more than mutual, in 84/85 it became much more than just a football rivalry for Chesterfield. There is still a sizeable generation of fans who haven't forgotten

Can't see us winning this game.

When do we ever win a midweek cup game away from home against lower league opposition?

Add to that we rarely do well against former managers.

Add to that we will ring in the changes.

Add to that their stadium is on the site of an Indian burial ground (unconfirmed)

It has a 2-0 defeat written all over it. An early goal for them, total possession dominance with some glaring profligacy in front of goal from us and then a late goal on the break to a stream of abuse from an excitable home crowd and a smirk from our Nigel.

Shame it's not in the prediction league as we could get points for this one...

45 minutes ago, RodleyRam said:

When do we ever win a midweek cup game away from home against lower league opposition?

Add to that their stadium is on the site of an Indian burial ground (unconfirmed)

It has a 2-0 defeat written all over it. An early goal for them, total possession dominance with some glaring profligacy in front of goal from us and then a late goal on the break to a stream of abuse from an excitable home crowd and a smirk from our Nigel.

wow, was setting off for the game in 5 mins , dont think i will bother after reading this ?  ffs

49 minutes ago, RodleyRam said:

89909FF8-AAB3-4B5B-A3D2-D9B92E424B4C.gif

5 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

89909FF8-AAB3-4B5B-A3D2-D9B92E424B4C.gif

7 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

wow, was setting off for the game in 5 mins , dont think i will bother after reading this ?  ffs

48 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Scunthorpe a few years ago but I take your point

To be fair I'm normally very positive! I have a six week old and heavy sleep deprivation. There's a small chance it's affecting my mood!!

I will be so delighted to be proved wrong and have my outlook transformed!