League 1 Salt Levels

Day

2 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Couhig is slimy as a toad and a master of equivocation. But if he says he was paid something, you’re a brave man to say he wasn’t. He’s smart enough not to tell an outright lie 

Hadn’t seen it before. But having read the DT article you sent round, I think q might have said to him: “yes we’ll pay the legal invoices. We can’t pay you more because we need to pay MSD, football creditors, and we need to pay 25% to unsecureds etc. But if we sell the club and there’s an excess over what we need to avoid a points deduction, we’ll give you some of the bunce 

(I assume DC paid exactly what was needed to avoid a further points deduction.) 

If all this is right and if your DT article is to be believed, it looks like this: Couhig is shouting from the sewer that the price of the stadium needs to be taken into account in working out whether there is any bunce. He’s awful 

My understanding was Coupig getting a percentage of the excess.

The sale of the club itself resulting in him getting some cash, but with the stadium included he gets nothing.

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Well just as I remembered Boro and Wycombe were distinguished 

tell us what your theory is - rather than simply telling others they have it wrong 

Are you referring to this little piece in the article

"It has been suggested a total payment of about £7m would settle the issues involving Middlesbrough and Wycombe which are partly holding up the sale of the club" 

A piece from February the 4th that made up the story 

Then this this piece from 9th March

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-wycombe-compensation-administration-6779660

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

My understanding was Coupig getting a percentage of the excess.

The sale of the club itself resulting in him getting some cash, but with the stadium included he gets nothing.

Hmmm that seems odd. I’d have thought it was:  

the sale of the club to DC gets Couhig nothing, because there was no ‘excess’. But if you include the stadium proceeds in the receipts then he would get something. So he’s arguing the stadium receipts should be included.

and maybe he’ll also argue that it’s the FMV of the stadium that needs to be used, not 23m   

Also,  I’d think his ‘claim’ is against q/old club   But I guess that depends on DC’s deal with Q 

11 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Hmmm that seems odd. I’d have thought it was:  

the sale of the club to DC gets Couhig nothing, because there was no ‘excess’. But if you include the stadium proceeds in the receipts then he would get something. So he’s arguing the stadium receipts should be included.

and maybe he’ll also argue that it’s the FMV of the stadium that needs to be used, not 23m   

Also,  I’d think his ‘claim’ is against q/old club   But I guess that depends on DC’s deal with Q 

Who is he arguing it to? Who might be expected to pay the scumbag?

14 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Are you referring to this little piece in the article

"It has been suggested a total payment of about £7m would settle the issues involving Middlesbrough and Wycombe which are partly holding up the sale of the club" 

A piece from February the 4th that made up the story 

Then this this piece from 9th March

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-wycombe-compensation-administration-6779660

Boro was the block to the sale. W was not by the time Boro was settled.  And MM distinguished between the two in his ‘offer’

That’s all I was saying. But so what ?

Your position seems to be that Couhig hasn’t had a penny from us/q.  So you’re saying he’s a liar.  Fine if that’s your view but it just seems very unlikely, that’s all,  given what he has said. 

But it’s a bit hard to tell what you actually think 

Spoke to a nice couple, Wycombe fans, on the train after and they thought Derby deserved to win. They also said they were embarrassed by their chairman's behaviour and accepted that Derby simply got more points than them Interestingly however the guy thought they "had won the court case" and asked if I knew how much they had got!  

11 hours ago, Norwichram2 said:

Spoke to a nice couple, Wycombe fans, on the train after and they thought Derby deserved to win. They also said they were embarrassed by their chairman's behaviour and accepted that Derby simply got more points than them Interestingly however the guy thought they "had won the court case" and asked if I knew how much they had got!  

As far as I am aware there has never been a “court case “ . 

5 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

The only worrying issue is we seem to sit down and accept our fate against 'big' clubs away. See consistent batterings against Sunderland and Peterborough.

I would like one of them to enlighten me as to why they keep referring to Peterborough as a big club. 

I think "sleeping giant" was the phrase used.....

In Peterboroughs case that's one deep blooming sleep..... ?

7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

The only worrying issue is we seem to sit down and accept our fate against 'big' clubs away. See consistent batterings against Sunderland and Peterborough.

I would like one of them to enlighten me as to why they keep referring to Peterborough as a big club. 

Compared to Wycombe, most clubs are 'big clubs'?