Matchday Thread: 19/7/22Stevenage (a) 19:30ko.

ollycutts1982

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

Apparently played several more friendlies than us, according to Owen Bradley.

We are going to be a bit under-cooked early season due to all our off-field issues.

I recall an interview woth Napoleon Dynamite last summer. He talked about it being a deliberate choice to not be fully up to speed until a few games into the season. Looks like we're taking the same approach this season.

3 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Stretton being the only striker we can bring on when needed is worrying for me for the season,  god forbid Collins gets injured we are so light , mcgoldrick looks good but won't play every game , really need ATLEAST 1 more experienced striker 

Been saying the exact same thing, reckon it will be a loan….

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Been saying the exact same thing, reckon it will be a loan….

If we want a different option currently from Collins we are forced to bring on Stretton and he's shown me no signs currently that he will cut it in league 1 as he seems very lightweight and a bit " too nice " , a loan could work providing they don't have a recall clause to put us back in the same boat ?

3 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Slightly concerned how behind Stevenage we seem fitness/sharpness wise on this showing with a week and a bit to go until the start of the new season. Kind of hoping it's down to the heat (although we're both playing in the same conditions)!

2 weeks ahead of us - as a lot will be...

9 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Stretton can't grab hold of the ball when it matters and lacks height to play on his own upfront. He needs to learn fast or he will be another who comes to nowt.

Stretton needs a foil, he is quick footed and will find openings but as a loner I doubt he’ll be affective at his current stage of development