Away Tickets - 2022/23

Foreveram

8 minutes ago, angieram said:

Still having trouble with the website telling me that I'm exceeding my allocation of 0 tickets per fan-ID. What's that all about? 

Logged in and out about three times before I managed to buy any. So frustrating! 

At least you’re sorted, there hasn’t been a mad rush for tickets this morning, still over 1,000 left.

11 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

At Charlton there were 891 sold at that stage, so on that basis I’d say yes , Mansfield was 788 at that stage and Shrewsbury currently stands at 634.

I am hoping that tickets are available to members with less than 5 games, but I wonder if they will be available to pick up at Shrewsbury (closer to me than Derby) as there won't be time for tickets to be mailed out.

Edited by Wistaston Ram

10 minutes ago, Wistaston Ram said:

I am hoping that tickets are available to members with less than 5 games, but I wonder if they will be available to pick up at Shrewsbury (closer to me than Derby) as there won't be time for tickets to be mailed out.

The website states no collections from away stadiums, by the 13th of August the tickets will be off sale online so people will have to either ring the ticket office or go in person, but will not know how many tickets are left, not a good situation. If the Fleetwood tickets do not go on sale very soon the same thing will apply for that match as well.

4 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

would love to go to shrewsbury but i can't see them going to general sale. If anyone has a spare or has membership but doesn't want to go, I'd be v.grateful if you could use your fan ID and I'll pay for the ticket? 

Nobody should do this because it isn’t fair on other away members who may be trying for tickets (no offence to you Leeds Ram)

46 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Anyone know why the admission prices for  Peterborough and Plymouth  are higher than the first two home games. 

Because they have drawn us all in with these tempting offers, as when it comes to L1, many are "Brand New Customers only"! 
Now everyone is addicted, and will now pay whatever it takes, they can pump up the prices, in the safe knowledge that we shall remain loyal.

#derbytilidie
#dnayoof
#oncearamalwaysaram
#etc

??

1 hour ago, Rambalin said:

Anyone know why the admission prices for  Peterborough and Plymouth  are higher than the first two home games. 

Barnsley is a reciprocal arrangement so it will be the same price when we play there, I would presume the Oxford game was priced to sell the ground out and get a feel good factor going, which worked,now we’re back to normal prices which might also push people into buying a season ticket, and also what Mucker says ?

I’ve emailed the ticket office today, on the matter of timing of away tickets coming on sale. Taking Shrewsbury as an example, fans who cannot get to Pride Park and buy in person are essentially excluded from buying a ticket- unless they are away members with 5+ games last year. For anyone else, there isn’t enough time to post the tickets, as they come on sale either 3 or 1 days before the match (depending on whether you are an away member or not).

This doesn’t just include non-Derby based fans; it includes anyone who can’t get to Pride Park due to mobility issues or lack of transport.

My proposed solution would be to give only 24 hours between each “tranche” of fans (20/15/10/5 games) getting access to tickets, rather than 48 hours. This (rightly, in my opinion) still gives the more travelled fans priority, whilst also giving all fans a fighting chance of getting a ticket on general sale.

I know that a lot of away games will sell out before they get to general sale, due to small allocations and lots of loyal fans, but the principle is important. And there will be matches with larger allocations where this could be a real problem- we could end up with tickets going unsold as they don’t leave enough time to post out tickets to those buying on general sale.

Thoughts welcome.

17 minutes ago, Sussex Ram said:

I’ve emailed the ticket office today, on the matter of timing of away tickets coming on sale. Taking Shrewsbury as an example, fans who cannot get to Pride Park and buy in person are essentially excluded from buying a ticket- unless they are away members with 5+ games last year. For anyone else, there isn’t enough time to post the tickets, as they come on sale either 3 or 1 days before the match (depending on whether you are an away member or not).

This doesn’t just include non-Derby based fans; it includes anyone who can’t get to Pride Park due to mobility issues or lack of transport.

My proposed solution would be to give only 24 hours between each “tranche” of fans (20/15/10/5 games) getting access to tickets, rather than 48 hours. This (rightly, in my opinion) still gives the more travelled fans priority, whilst also giving all fans a fighting chance of getting a ticket on general sale.

I know that a lot of away games will sell out before they get to general sale, due to small allocations and lots of loyal fans, but the principle is important. And there will be matches with larger allocations where this could be a real problem- we could end up with tickets going unsold as they don’t leave enough time to post out tickets to those buying on general sale.

Thoughts welcome.

Nothing wrong with the system if the tickets go out on sale early  enough which I suspect is out of the hands of our ticket office. I would be interested to the response from them as they are generally quite good at responding to emails, but it certainly is a problem that needs sorting.

47 minutes ago, Sussex Ram said:

Thoughts welcome.

As @Foreveram says, the best solution is for tickets to be released earlier by the home club but, as this is outside of Derby’s control (I assume they’ve asked the home club to release them earlier) your suggestion is worth asking about.