Away Tickets - 2022/23

Foreveram

15 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

No, there was no seat allocation on the ticket. The row/seat information was blank.

I’ve been to the last three away games at Wigan and as far as I remember they were all the same?

Maybe that's the standard approach now, I don't know. 

2 hours ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

Genuine question, why do everybody stand? Its hardly fair to those who don't want to stand, or cannot stand? I wont go away because of this, and what I've heard about behaviour.

It's called selfishness - I know loads of people that don't go to away games for the same reason. 

I took my lad who was about 8 at the time and he had to stand on the seat but could still hardly see. He won't go anymore since he fell through the back of the seat and hurt himself. He's now 13 and still won't go. 

1 hour ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

It's called selfishness - I know loads of people that don't go to away games for the same reason. 

I took my lad who was about 8 at the time and he had to stand on the seat but could still hardly see. He won't go anymore since he fell through the back of the seat and hurt himself. He's now 13 and still won't go. 

I think I have said this before, but we went away with Forest Green Rovers last season and their fans self-police standing. Anyone standing in front of seated people is firmly told to go up the back. It was done pleasantly and seemed to work, but there were lots of gaps - nowhere near a sell-out.

I've seen people request fans at the  front sit down at several of Derby's away matches and been met with shedloads of abuse. Nowhere for them to move to because near capacity. 

We take our own police to all away matches, I think there should be an informal rule for say, first ten rows seated, then standing above that. Could be enforced then but every time I have approached club they are not interested. And some fans want to be at the front and want to stand. They think it's their right.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I think I have said this before, but we went away with Forest Green Rovers last season and their fans self-police standing. Anyone standing in front of seated people is firmly told to go up the back. It was done pleasantly and seemed to work, but there were lots of gaps - nowhere near a sell-out.

I've seen people request fans at the  front sit down at several of Derby's away matches and been met with shedloads of abuse. Nowhere for them to move to because near capacity. 

We take our own police to all away matches, I think there should be an informal rule for say, first ten rows seated, then standing above that. Could be enforced then but every time I have approached club they are not interested. And some fans want to be at the front and want to stand. They think it's their right.

It might be worth approaching the club again, Angie, with new management, they may be more amenable. Although your first 10 row idea is a good one, as you have noticed, the standing type fans like to be just behind the goals. So I would suggest having having strict seating areas towards the edge of the blocks allocated to our away fans and preferably the blocks furthest away from the more boisterous home supporters.  Perhaps the club would benefit from liaising with a regular 'normal' away fan, such as yourself, when the ticket arrangements are made known by the home club and sort out the location of the strict seating area?

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I like to stand at the match, but I do think of others and will sit if there is no way of standing without upsetting others. 

But there have been times where I have offered to swap places with people who want to sit and have been told that they won't move because "this is the seat I paid for " I would understand that if they had actually chosen that seat for the view, but at most away grounds,  you don't get the choice. 

8 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

Last away game at Charlton everyone sat where they wanted.

Last time I went, it was one price... pay on the gate... and get this... option for terrace or seats... or even stroll around to that humungous terrace they had all the way down one side (Which was probably 90% empty on that particular day).  If I recall, I took up all options, at various stages of the match.  
Probably only about £1.50 to get in, too!  

It wasn't recent, mind... I've been busy!  ?

On 26/07/2022 at 16:02, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Well loads of us like to stand up and me and my dad try get tickets near the back in we can.