Away Tickets - 2022/23

Foreveram

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

How would an equal system of first come first served for away membership be unfair .

Games attended in the past should be irrelevant 

You’ve answered your own question there. Do you honestly think it would be a fairer system if someone who didn’t attend a single away league game last season managed to get a ticket but someone who attended every away league game missed out? I guess you do and it’s all a matter of opinion. I, someone who only attended two away league games but would like to attend many more this season, don’t really think it would be fair if I got the same chance as away regular. Tough on me (any many more) but I’m not complaining or asking for sympathy. 

There is no perfect system but the club have made it as fair as they probably can in all honesty. Am I a bit disappointed that I won't get to many away games this year? Yes, do I think I have an entitlement to go? No. The club for a lot of games have a very limited pool of tickets to give out and the only aspect you'd maybe critique them for is for the bottom tier of the 'away membership' aspect. Personally, I'd replace that with a loyalty scheme representing how many home games you'd been to last season but I understand that it's an additional revenue stream for the club. 

It's difficult to have a 'fair' system of ticket allocation. Under the current system, it's difficult to build up an attendance record because the tickets will be sold out before you can get them and you can't get higher up the pecking order because you're not going to the games and you're not going to the games because you're not higher up the pecking order and so on.

On the other hand, I can understand how regular away fans would be frustrated by casual fans picking and choosing novel venues like Fleetwood, at their expense.

I don't know what the answer is, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

How would you have made it fairer? Shortening the window for each category would be better IMO (but some would still have understandable reason to complain) but it wouldn’t change the priority system.

The priority system is fine and completely just. The length of the windows are the issue because tickets are being released so late. Everybody buying tickets should be able to do before the postal deadline IMO.

6 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Shrewsbury away sorted, but due to the time of the last train anyone is welcome to use my ticket to watch the last 20 minutes. ?

Considering going but getting back from anywhere midweek on the train is a near impossibility nowadays so it's either stay over or like you say miss some of the game to make that train. 

16 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I’m going to ask for away membership refund and will stop attending away games.  Can’t be arsed 

I hope they refuse to refund you.

You surely knew before you got the membership what the rules were and chose to buy anyway,  if you didn't know the rules,  that's your fault for not reading them. 

17 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I’m going to ask for away membership refund and will stop attending away games.  Can’t be arsed 

Well you could have got tickets for the first two games but you decided not to, I believe you are eligible for tickets for Shrewsbury, have you applied for any. As yet tickets are still on sale for Fleetwood, seriously, what is your problem.

21 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Given you're in the third priority group, I'd say you've got a decent chance of getting tickets for most games so it strikes me you're cutting your nose off to spite your face but, that's your perogative and one more ticket for those of us less worthy ?

8 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Well you could have got tickets for the first two games but you decided not to, I believe you are eligible for tickets for Shrewsbury, have you applied for any. As yet tickets are still on sale for Fleetwood, seriously, what is your problem.

I went in holiday sorry for that. 
Do not worry I’m not going to bother you anymore and will not attend anymore away games.  

3 minutes ago, Crewton said:

C'mon pal, pull yerself together ?

I feel strongly about this. 
I’ve done my bit over the years.  I’m 70 now so it’s time to hang up my away boots. 
Derby fans enjoy your away days 

Edited by Curtains
Added

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I feel strongly about this. 
I’ve done my bit over the years.  I’m 70 now so it’s time to hang up my away boots. 
Derby fans enjoy your away days 

I've got sympathy for your PoV - I've got mates who went everywhere away in the early 80s when we were shocking and have been regulars ever since, but who didn't go to away games last season because they were feeling cautious about Covid. They feel a little as you do, but they're finding ways around the problem and will try to get to as many games as possible. It sounds like there are very few games that you're likely to miss out on, so why not have a break from here, talk about it rationally to a mate, and then make a decision?

2 hours ago, Wistaston Ram said:

Did you buy the tickets for the five games directly from DCFC?, otherwise they won't be recognised on the system. I went to four away games last season, but only two games will be on the system as I bought one ticket at Peterborough on the day and did hospitality at Preston.

Yep - all direct from DCFC. Two additional hospitality which I appreciate won’t be included.

21 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

My 4 year old grandson has been stopping with us for the last two days along with his older brother. If we don't play the game according to his rules he storms off and has a strop in the corner. His loss,we just continue with the game. Just sayin. ?

9 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I've got sympathy for your PoV - I've got mates who went everywhere away in the early 80s when we were shocking and have been regulars ever since, but who didn't go to away games last season because they were feeling cautious about Covid. They feel a little as you do, but they're finding ways around the problem and will try to get to as many games as possible. It sounds like there are very few games that you're likely to miss out on, so why not have a break from here, talk about it rationally to a mate, and then make a decision?

I’ve made my decision mate.  I won’t be going . Cheers though for that.