Away Tickets - 2022/23

Foreveram

6 hours ago, Sussex Ram said:

I’ve emailed the ticket office today, on the matter of timing of away tickets coming on sale. Taking Shrewsbury as an example, fans who cannot get to Pride Park and buy in person are essentially excluded from buying a ticket- unless they are away members with 5+ games last year. For anyone else, there isn’t enough time to post the tickets, as they come on sale either 3 or 1 days before the match (depending on whether you are an away member or not).

This doesn’t just include non-Derby based fans; it includes anyone who can’t get to Pride Park due to mobility issues or lack of transport.

My proposed solution would be to give only 24 hours between each “tranche” of fans (20/15/10/5 games) getting access to tickets, rather than 48 hours. This (rightly, in my opinion) still gives the more travelled fans priority, whilst also giving all fans a fighting chance of getting a ticket on general sale.

I know that a lot of away games will sell out before they get to general sale, due to small allocations and lots of loyal fans, but the principle is important. And there will be matches with larger allocations where this could be a real problem- we could end up with tickets going unsold as they don’t leave enough time to post out tickets to those buying on general sale.

Thoughts welcome.

You'd think they could take the tickets too late to be posted and not able to be collected, down on an official bus, presume there are supporters buses this year, to be collected with proof of ID at the actual ground, surely can't be that hard to organise.

Doesn't involve the home team's tkt office, the money has been paid already so if not collected for whatever reason it doesn't leave the club out of pocket.

Fleetwood tickets on sale this morning, 1,129 tickets, 715 standing 414 seated. Tickets sold so far 142 standing and 121 seated. 866 left. This shows that similar numbers like to sit rather than stand given the choice, something that is not usually afforded to them at away games.

36 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Tickets on sale this morning to 10+ members for Shrewsbury, tickets sold 569. Tickets available 1,083.

Tickets have been on sale 4 days and they’ve sold around a 1/3 of them. Some members won’t even get the chance to purchase them online. If away clubs aren’t going to release the tickets they need to shorten each priority window to 24 hours. 

4 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

The way the sale of tickets for Fleetwood is worded is like an English A level exam.

Can someone tell me is it possible to buy a STANDING ticket (for Fleetwood) to be sent by post, (I live 100+ miles from Derby)?

Do you have away membership and at what level, if not the answer is no.

39 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Yes, 5+.

So 5+ members go on sale on Monday the 15th and posted to your address which will probably get to you by Thursday before the match on Saturday. All of this provided there are tickets left by then and if there is you would need to be on the website at 10 am as soon as they change to 5+.

6 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

So 5+ members go on sale on Monday the 15th and posted to your address which will probably get to you by Thursday before the match on Saturday. All of this provided there are tickets left by then and if there is you would need to be on the website at 10 am as soon as they change to 5+.

?

2 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Really hoping me and my 2 lads get to the Fleetwood game. Away members but no league away games last year. 

Do we think they will get to my category? 

Possible but unlikely and then if it does get to that category you would have to be quick.