Liam Rosenior

8 hours ago, Josh said:

Buxton failed spectacularly at Burton. A player who spent most of his career at non league level, and just sounds like a right thick plank to be honest. Rosenior, well he’s just s***. 

Most of his career would be one season at Burton then.

Edited by FlyBritishMidland

9 hours ago, Rich84 said:

It will be his fault if he continues to play the players missing the chances..... at some point you need to look to change it, the system or the players. The big decision is how long do you give it before making the change?

You mean all of them then

9 hours ago, Josh said:

Buxton failed spectacularly at Burton. A player who spent most of his career at non league level, and just sounds like a right thick plank to be honest. Rosenior, well he’s just s***. 

It’s hard to argue in favour of anybody right now given our failure to score in any of our away games and on the back of back to to back defeats but, unless you’re attending training sessions you don’t know how much he contributes. Regarding playing most of his career at non league level, we’ll he’s hardly the first coach to not play much football at a higher level. Finally, your comment about how he sounds is just an unnecessary personal insult. I assume we’re not employing him for his academic ability or verbal fluency.

8 hours ago, rammieib said:

Fans around me moaned with the play in the back (which is ultimately to create space to drive forward) and then moaned when we went long. Unsurprisingly, they didn't provide a solution to what should have done!

Did you ask them or should they have expressed it in the form of a catchy chant? ?

The diagonal hoof... I mean long pass... is frustrating. Only Cashin seems to play it reliably, and it's a big ask for GK/CBs anyway (Curtis managed a surprisingly good one in the second-half though!)

When the diagonal does end up with one of our wingers (about half the time I reckon but I have plucked that figure from my own head), too often we don't make enough of it. Yes, occasionally they'll beat a man and get the ball in - which definitely should have brought us a few more goals this season - but on other occasions we'll slow it down, or put in a cross with little threat or to where we have no runners, only a big but relatively static lone striker.

But last night there were just too many individual mistakes too, passes in the vague direction of where there should be someone, undercooked or to nobody. Too many times the players couldn't even control the ball. Most significant of all, not enough effort. The minimum effort is whatever Lincoln put in, and we were nowhere near it. (Were they just much fitter than us? Or did they want it that much more?) 

16 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

It wasn’t even a full year. Appointed in May, sacked in December.

Good point about his managerial spell.  My main point about to the post was the quote about “most of his career at non-league level”.  Jake spent one full season as a player in non-league, and a title winning one at that ?.

8 hours ago, rammieib said:

Fans around me moaned with the play in the back (which is ultimately to create space to drive forward) and then moaned when we went long. Unsurprisingly, they didn't provide a solution to what should have done!

We mostly went long to Dobbin. Collins is ordinary, at best, in the air. Then we bought on the new lad up front - they say he's 6ft+ and we played (occasionally) to his feet?

We looked all wrong and at no time did it look anything other than bitsy when we created chances. 

Oh and did I spy the 'note from Liam' appear towards the end, two players reading something or other... 

Edited by RoyMac5

11 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Good point about his managerial spell.  My main point about to the post was the quote about “most of his career at non-league level”.  Jake spent one full season as a player in non-league, and a title winning one at that ?.

Good point. I had it in my head he’d played a lot in non league football. In his one year he was conference player of the year as well wasn’t he? Just goes to show @Josh knows even less about what he’s talking about than me. ?

Edited by Tamworthram

Well I have had time to reflect and it's time he went.

We seem to be stuck in a pattern that usually keeps going until there is a change.

There are obviously problems with either communication with players where are constantly doing what they are told not to do or its a coaching/manager issue where he doesn't know what he's doing, bad tactics and very poor substitute decisions

Once the rot sets in its very difficult to change it without either players going or the coach/manager.

I heard Curtis Davies say that LR is used to doing all the coaching as he did the coaching under Rooney. So here possibly lays the problems.

Time to bring in an experienced manager to educate experienced players.

20 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Good point. I had it in my head he’d played a lot in non league football. In his one year he was conference player of the year as well wasn’t he? Just goes to show @Josh knows even less about what he’s talking about than me. ?

Mansfield. Might as well be non league, he did captain them when they went down to non league. 

8 hours ago, Jourdan said:

It’s not about having faith or having patience or relaxing. We’re all perfectly calm and we can all see this hasn’t worked and even in the league below, it’s a flawed philosophy because to make it work, you need time and money to be able to tweak it to perfection and to make the team more or less infallible.

People clearly aren't "perfectly calm"

You say it "hasn't worked" yet, without points deductions last season, we'd have been safe. With a poor, wafer thin squad made up of freebies and young lads.

We had a bad preseason which was out of everyone’s control. Although we were under prepared, the team then started quite well, at least in terms of results. Our performances haven’t been great and a dip in form was always going to be likely. We’ve got experienced players and it’s taking time for them to get up to match sharpness, we’ve got younger players who aren’t used to the league, then there’s Mendez-Laing, Collins and Barkhuizen trying to drag us through. A dip was expected after how we’ve started, it won’t turn around until players pick up their match sharpness and we can get an extra 10-20% out of them. So because of our preseason I expect it will be a few more weeks before we see it turning around. That’s not Rosenior’s fault, the knock on effects of our preseason was always going to have a big impact on our season

9 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Liam you need to wise up fast to this Division 

I've just read an interview with Graham Potter where he talks about his 'football philosophy' - it's clear the Liam also has one....unfortunately Liam doesn't have his pick of top players to implement this philosophy and while playing better football will normally result in more wins in the PL, in League One it is meaningless as your strikers will typically score one in four chances and so dominance and pretty football doesn't translate to points on the board.

As you say, Liam needs to wise up quickly, accept that this division calls for a different approach, and pick the team to fit that approach, rather than maintain his desire to play to his preferred style. When things aren't working, change them, don't dig your heels in through stubbornness and continue to watch us struggle to get wins.....Saturday has suddenly become a huge game.....