Sponsorship

19 minutes ago, archram said:

I always thought the slogan ‘ when it stops being fun, stop’ would have led to an empty stadium the season before last!

I do hate the betting adverts, though I understand companies want to advertise themselves but it seems to be endless from betting companies. It must encourage more betting or they wouldn’t spend so much doing it.

I don’t gamble for a lot of reasons, one being  because I’m a poor loser!

I thought the season before last was the season of an empty stadium

17 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Hey I like a beer at a game why should rest us be punished for people that drink to much keep achole at games but they could have the power to say if some clearly had enough to say no I am not serving you anymore.

I like many beers at games, and in general, but recently have been trying to cut down.

Whilst avoiding events or situations, you often hear, 'just come and have one' 

I'm curious, and this is a question to people that, 'just have one beer' 

Is there any real point in having one beer? When you've drunk up there's no real difference to your physical or mental state and you paid £5 for the privilege. 

13 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

I like many beers at games, and in general, but recently have been trying to cut down.

Whilst avoiding events or situations, you often hear, 'just come and have one' 

I'm curious, and this is a question to people that, 'just have one beer' 

Is there any real point in having one beer? When you've drunk up there's no real difference to your physical or mental state and you paid £5 for the privilege. 

Maybe some people just enjoy the taste and the social aspect rather than the need to change their physical or mental state (I.e. gets little bit/lot drunk).

3 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I love the adverts aimed at trying to limit your gambling, when the clown says please gamble responsibly…..then in the next set of adverts is trying to get you to bet on the number of corners, bookings etc etc…..priceless ?

Glad someone else has clocked that.  Makes me laugh every time.  I get betting on your team winning, losing or drawing.  A 1 in 3 chance, but to then bet on corners, yellows, free kicks, time of first/last goal, first/last goal scorer etc - the odds become much, much bigger.  Hardly betting responsibly. 

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Maybe some people just enjoy the taste and the social aspect rather than the need to change their physical or mental state (I.e. gets little bit/lot drunk).

yes agreed. if I didn't drink it would be the social side that was sorely missed. 

so based on that, if you only have one, you can stand and talk to people and have a soft drink can you not?

so it must be the taste? 

4 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

yes agreed. if I didn't drink it would be the social side that was sorely missed. 

so based on that, if you only have one, you can stand and talk to people and have a soft drink can you not?

so it must be the taste? 

Might be an image think as well. Some might not think it’s “manly” enough to have a soft drink rather than a pint. ? 

I prefer a glass of red wine (especially with a meal) but I don’t have a problem with having a soft drink even if everyone else is drinking alcohol but that’s mainly because I’m usually driving.

I know it's all relative as what one pint does to one person will be completely different to what it does to another. 

if someone that never drinks, 5ft 10st wet through, knocked a gamma ray back then who knows how'd theyd be feeling

I guess I just don't see the point in having one, the only thing it does it makes you want a second.

4 or 5 is the sweet spot, as long as its good beer. ? 

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Might be an image think as well. Some might not think it’s “manly” enough to have a soft drink rather than a pint. ? 

I prefer a glass of red wine (especially with a meal) but I don’t have a problem with having a soft drink even if everyone else is drinking alcohol but that’s mainly because I’m usually driving.

100% this is correct. the social disapproval aspect of not drinking in a group that are 

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I gave up alcohol on Christmas Day due to high blood pressure/other health issues. Lost some weight and don't really miss it that much to be honest....

On 10/07/2022 at 10:35, Ambitious said:

I would probably guess it will be another betting company, as they tend to offer the most money and due to our business plan, we’re in no position to leave money on the table. 

Exactly this, my only preference is that it doesn’t ruin the aesthetics of the shirt, which 32Red didn’t, it was one of the least ugly sponsors alongside Bombardier that we’ve had for years. Even then I wouldn’t kick off about it.

Every time this same debate comes up, let’s get Rolls Royce, Toyota, assuming they even want to sponsor the shirts, or even giving it up for a charity, like we’re awash with money and can turn around and say nah. 

In the real world, we’ll go where the money is at, be it a betting company or alcohol, and I have no issue with that. 

We’re a football club outside of the rich boys league, every year we’re expecting the owner to be pumping money in to cover losses and sat behind our keyboards turning our noses up at potentially the best offers on the table as they may not be morally right.

I’m sorry but people can be addicted to anything, gambling, drinking, video games, food, online shopping, the list is endless and you’ll leave football clubs very little to go for if you remove everything that can be linked to an addiction.

Even if we don’t have a betting sponsor on our shirts, the opposition might, we’ll still have Skybet badges on the sleeves, branding around the ground, on TV.

You can’t just pretend gambling doesn’t exist, wrap everyone up in cotton wool, many fans can drink and gamble responsibly, it’s part of their Saturday getting them through the Monday - Friday.

Oh, and let's not forget that 32Red helped the club whilst in administration by giving us advanced payments. Money that helped keep the lights on.

1 hour ago, ilkleyram said:

I thought the season before last was the season of an empty stadium

May have been a previous one - I struggle with time since my brain haemorrhage- not that I was much good before! I do however remember during one game looking at the hoarding and saying to my neighbour’ if we’re not enjoying this we should stay at home!’

I’ve come up with a plan which focuses on the health of supporters and the future of this planet. If we want a morally acceptable sponsor, I feel like we should go all the way down that path and be a club that others aspire to be.

• Remove alcohol, fizzy drinks, burgers, pies and chips from the concourses, replace with water and salads.
  • Advise fans to bring their own reusable water bottle, plate and cutlery as we are reducing plastic usage at the club.
  • Replace the team bus with an electric one with vegan friendly interior.
  • Only allow electric cars in the stadium car parks.
  • Pride Park to be run 100% off solar power, which will mean winter games must be played during daylight hours only. Ticket office hours may also be reduced.
  • All players will be fed a strict vegan diet.
  • Kits and boots must be manufactured in the UK and wash bags brought into the stadium must be vegan friendly.
  • No advertising anywhere around the stadium for gambling, junk food, fizzy drinks, alcohol, online shopping, video games, crypto currency. Car manufacturers can only advertise their electric cars.
  • Ban the use of mobile phones inside and around the stadium.
  • No pre season tours outside of the UK unless travelling through the Euro Tunnel on our electric team bus.

3 minutes ago, David said:

I’ve come up with a plan which focuses on the health of supporters and the future of this planet. If we want a morally acceptable sponsor, I feel like we should go all the way down that path and be a club that others aspire to be.

• Remove alcohol, fizzy drinks, burgers, pies and chips from the concourses, replace with water and salads.
  • Advise fans to bring their own reusable water bottle, plate and cutlery as we are reducing plastic usage at the club.
  • Replace the team bus with an electric one with vegan friendly interior.
  • Only allow electric cars in the stadium car parks.
  • Pride Park to be run 100% off solar power, which will mean winter games must be played during daylight hours only. Ticket office hours may also be reduced.
  • All players will be fed a strict vegan diet.
  • Kits and boots must be manufactured in the UK and wash bags brought into the stadium must be vegan friendly.
  • No advertising anywhere around the stadium for gambling, junk food, fizzy drinks, alcohol, online shopping, video games, crypto currency. Car manufacturers can only advertise their electric cars.
  • Ban the use of mobile phones inside and around the stadium.
  • No pre season tours outside of the UK unless travelling through the Euro Tunnel on our electric team bus.

Good idea Greta