Matchday Thread friendly V Bradford (A) 9th July 15:00

27 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Anybody trying to read anything into anything in this game needs to give their head a serious wobble.  We're still some way short of having a full squad and so it is inevitable that some players are going to be out of position in pre-season.  Its the same every season; we know pre-season is about fitness and, for us this year, giving trialists games - and yet - every year we get 'analysis' of the games. Mental.

Just watch and enjoy seeing a bit of footy on a lovely summer's day (although we're all inside watching it on RamsTV!)

Zip it Shrimpy, we're gonna win the league! ?

2 minutes ago, Magicman said:

NML is killing them and looks just what we need far better then Malcom E and Festy .

Can you give over slating two young lads who did their best for us last season?

Even if you’re trying to be positive about what the future holds you always seem to be able to have a snipe at those young lads.

Starting to sound like Craig Ramage…

Good workout for everyone, with expected sloppiness from time to time. One very impressive save from Wildsmith after Bird lost possession in the middle. Near the end Captain Curtis gave the ball away with Wildsmith in no man's land. Should have been the equalizer but Bradford's Jamie Walker chipped it onto the roof of the net.

Nice to see Fozzy bag a goal. Sibley had come short, collected the ball, turned inside and tried to find Barkhuizen in the box but a defender deflected the ball wider and Fozzy leathered it in from wide in the penalty area.

Sibley has run valiantly as centre forward, and linked play well, and they've praised him a lit on the commentary and said how involved he's been in the game, but I'd say he is far more dangerous and effective as a midfielder.

Both wingers are good outlets. We're passing the ball around and keeping possession, but prepared to go long to the wings quite often and we have a powerful midfield in Bird and Knight. Thommo not so visible, but came into it more as the half went on. One great thidding tackle from Cashin after Thommo had lost possession. Ex Man City young full back has been steady and wants the ball. Could be good. 

Let's see what the second half team does.

3 minutes ago, roboto said:

Can you give over slating two young lads who did their best for us last season?

Even if you’re trying to be positive about what the future holds you always seem to be able to have a snipe at those young lads.

Starting to sound like Craig Ramage…

NML is better thats a fact not sure your assertions are valid either but your entitled to your view too.

1 minute ago, Magicman said:

NML is better thats a fact not sure your assertions are valid either but your entitled to your view too.

Not sure you can say that after one half of football. I have seen him when he has been disinterested and hardly involved in competitive games. The two youngsters did well while they were with us. Let’s judge him after 10 games….

1 minute ago, Magicman said:

Didn’t say he was better or worse. I’ve not made my mind up on him after 45 minutes in a derby shirt. I don’t think we can claim opinion as fact…

My point, which you won’t admit, is that you have consistently taken chances to have a go at a couple of youngsters that played fine for us last season and will possibly go on to have much better careers than NML has had. But you don’t see it that way and want people to know how little you rate them.

I will be looking out for their performances through their careers and hope they go on to do very well, wherever they play (as long as it’s not Forest, Leeds, Boro etc. ?)

4 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Glad you’ve made your assertions based on 45 mins of a pre season game against league 2 opposition.