New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

11 minutes ago, jono said:

Has anyone mentioned Andre Wisdom. I hear he is a free agent and doing trials .. he’d be seriously useful I reckon, and still not a pensioner yet.. strong on the ball, can tackle and let’s face it with a bit of luck he might be able to navigate his way to PPS on (a good day. ) 

On trial at Portsmouth at the moment

Edited by Rammy03

Hoping that if we get a few quid for Lawrence and Knight, we might be able to use a bit of it to fund a quick pair in midfield and attack.

Appreciate that first priority is staying within business model and paying what we owe but we need some pace to add to the guile.

I am delighted with the business that we have done so far. The core of the sqaud is starting to take place now.

I don't think we will sign many more "big name free agents" though. I think we need to get the likes of Davies and Fozzy signed up next to help bring stability and knit the team together. Maybe also give CKR and Stearman a new deal for depth and add to the dressing room. We should also look to promote a couple of our academy players like to the mix in the first team. Hopefully we can also bring in a couple players from the lower leagues hungry to prove a point. Maybe also we will get a few loanees in ?

Then our sqaud will have a perfect balance for me. It doesn't need to overly bloated but big enough to cover us for the demands of the season.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Hoping that if we get a few quid for Lawrence and Knight, we might be able to use a bit of it to fund a quick pair in midfield and attack.

Appreciate that first priority is staying within business model and paying what we owe but we need some pace to add to the guile.

How much do you think we’ll get for the out of contract Tom Lawrence?

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

We won't get owt for Lawrence - he's out of contract. 

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/could-be-a-pivotal-player-derby-county-fan-pundit-issues-verdict-on-striker-signing/

McGoldrick is a welcome addition at County according to FLW’s Derby fan pundit Jason Straw of the Rams Review podcast.

“I wouldn’t be surprised if he can’t get in to double figures – fingers crossed we can keep him injury-free, at the age of 34; is he going to be able to play week in, week out? Probably not.

Derby will probably need another younger, quicker striker to alternate with McGoldrick, but for what you expect him to provide, the veteran should be a good addition."

"The Republic of Ireland international hasn’t been at his most prolific in the last two years, but his hold-up play could be a really important factor for Derby next season.

It appears that McGoldrick may fill the void left by Colin Kazim-Richards from last season where he can occupy multiple defenders, with his presence allowing other attacking players to express themselves."

I hope we get the opportunity to sign Alfie May from Cheltenham.

28 goals in all competitions last season, including 23 in League one.

I read that it would take a six-figure fee to tempt Cheltenham to sell, but it may be worth it if he is the man to fire Derby back to the Championship.

56 minutes ago, Oldben said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/could-be-a-pivotal-player-derby-county-fan-pundit-issues-verdict-on-striker-signing/

McGoldrick is a welcome addition at County according to FLW’s Derby fan pundit Jason Straw of the Rams Review podcast.

“I wouldn’t be surprised if he can’t get in to double figures – fingers crossed we can keep him injury-free, at the age of 34; is he going to be able to play week in, week out? Probably not.

Derby will probably need another younger, quicker striker to alternate with McGoldrick, but for what you expect him to provide, the veteran should be a good addition."

"The Republic of Ireland international hasn’t been at his most prolific in the last two years, but his hold-up play could be a really important factor for Derby next season.

It appears that McGoldrick may fill the void left by Colin Kazim-Richards from last season where he can occupy multiple defenders, with his presence allowing other attacking players to express themselves."

Has CKR gone? News to me. 

Signings so far are solid, sensible buys but I’m still struggling to see where the goals are coming from.

Lots of assisters but no-one likely to break double figures for me and only Hourihane likely to get any from midfield.

9 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Yes but U21s and GKs are excluded from the count.

Well we need 2 keepers so that means 25 allowed plus u21s. We are still 11 players short and the risk of further desertion like Buchanan.  Not sure we have any more u21s who could step up as we have sold the family silver. What do you think GOC? 

13 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Signings so far are solid, sensible buys but I’m still struggling to see where the goals are coming from.

Lots of assisters but no-one likely to break double figures for me and only Hourihane likely to get any from midfield.

I think we’re carrying more of a goal threat now than we did last year. NML, Barkhuizen, McGoldrick, Hourihane are all going to add a goal threat. Agree we probably need another striker, if the Collins rumours are true he’s proven at this level so could be the man.

We do at least have some options at that end of the pitch now, the defence needs reinforcing as we only have 2 cbs and a rb at the moment, that has to be the priority in my eyes. Extending Davies and Forsyth’s contracts fixes that slightly. We’ve signed most of the players rumoured/linked over the last few weeks, time for some new names and rumours to get us excited! ? 

30 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Well we need 2 keepers so that means 25 allowed plus u21s. We are still 11 players short and the risk of further desertion like Buchanan.  Not sure we have any more u21s who could step up as we have sold the family silver. What do you think GOC? 

I'd say the ones closest to being ready for L1 football are: Bardell, DRobinson, Aghatise (if he stays), Richards, Cybulski. I wouldn't expect much from them if they were given the odd game here or there. For most, it would be a case of experiencing a little bit of first team football prior to loans out next season. I think DRobinson would adjust the quickest out of all of them.