New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

Who's actually coordinating all these signings is it Rosenoir or someone else at the club? 

Am asking as Rosenoir is only on here on an interim basis in the short term and if things don't work out and they're all "his" signings then another manager comes in and wants to start from scratch again, rinse and repeat. 

Hopefully isn't a scattergun approach "just" to get numbers in though numbers is what were short of. 

26 minutes ago, Ramos said:

I think this week is going to only get even better. 

I imagine 

- we will announce at least 8 more signings / resignings. 

- season tickets will go on sale. 

- hopefully rosenior will be given manager role perm. 

- new kit to come out. 

If Carlsberg did perfect scenarios.......

9 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Pretty much agree with you, but at 34 years old, I’m not sure how much we could expect from David McGoldrick. 

Mind you, I seem to remember a certain Aaron Wilbraham scoring a shed load of goals for Bristol City when they were in league one, and I’m pretty sure he was over 100 years old…

Could say the about a certain Mr Curtis. Didn’t do too bad. Sure he’d be worth the risk though 

1 hour ago, simmoram1995 said:

According to Nixon 

Mcgoldrick we  are ahead of boro he’s local to area and has been on trial 

hourihane and Chester close 

2-3 other trials including ex Bournemouth winger , ex nice winger , plus a young goalkeeper

buchannon can go for £400,000 compensation 

I’ve got the patreon and haven’t seen the line about 3 trialists 

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Who's actually coordinating all these signings is it Rosenoir or someone else at the club? 

Am asking as Rosenoir is only on here on an interim basis in the short term and if things don't work out and they're all "his" signings then another manager comes in and wants to start from scratch again, rinse and repeat. 

Hopefully isn't a scattergun approach "just" to get numbers in though numbers is what were short of. 

Rosenior is, He's been installed as Interim manager while the sale was going through, I'll be astounded if he's not given the job, Once the dust has settled and all his players are signed, Rosenior will sit down with whoever is in charge...Clowes or Dickenson or A N Other, A plan from both sides will be talked out, A little bit of give and take from both sides, Some umming and arring and we'll all move forward.

All in my opinion of course and no phone calls received ?

18 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Right I'll be Manchester United ?A great film ?

image.png.9dd366da749029f6e562e3ff0008c295.png

‘Bobby Charlton to take the penalty.’

Our games teacher (yes you Barry Greenwood), was a dead ringer for Brian Glover’s character in Kes. Always picked the best players for his side.

Edited by Grumpy Git

11 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I think rosenior and Rooney did then within a few weeks I think we’ll have a DOF that will do it 

12 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Many of the names have been mentioned as being already linked to Rooney/Rosenior - not like they didnt have plenty of time to think about signings and potential free agents. Seems too quick to have been thought up in a week.  At least if scattergun will be cheap bullets not ones with huge fees and wages

16 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

On one of the interviews they said that they’d met with Liam first. Then had a call from Rooney. I’m assuming Liam has kept the dialogue up and has been sorting out the signings. 

6 minutes ago, archram said:

I wonder if Rosenior is more of an influence than I expected. He talks so well and knowledgeably that he may be very persuasive with some of these older players. He and Rooney seemed to be a team and maybe he was more of an equal partner, just not so obviously.

I think you're probably right -  one of the new signings, Barkhuizen I think, did make reference to meeting with Liam to discuss a potential move here and then "speaking on the phone" to Rooney .

38 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Can’t find much on Glover or Deji, like Mcgoldrick and MacDonald was decent but has gone through a lot health wise…..

Glover was on loan in non league got pace and trickery got something like 6 goals 6 assists only 21 but has a bit of a hot head got lots of yellows and a red. In terms of appearance think a cross between Grealish and Cantwell 

Deji - raw pace and I mean pace to put it in context when at united he was the fastest player at the club at all levels - FW but more winger he’s quite gangly think more Wanchope but first touch isn’t great but definitely something we could work with 

4 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Do we really need a DOF? It’s just more drain on the payroll.

Well I suspected from Clowes statement 

it was going to be either a restructure of the scouting system , him being more a silent owner with Dickinson running the shop or a director of football 

17 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Mendez-Laing and McGoldrick are both previous targets, as is Chester. 

Barz we've been linked with since before even the season end. 

Only leaves the GK which we didn't need until last week came around. Rooney and Rosenior likely made their targets long before Rooney left so its likely a follow through of any original plan. 

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Did we have a DOF when we made the amazing signings of Butterfield, Johnson, Anya et al

Wasn’t Evans DOF under mclaren 

so Dawkins , Bamford, Ince , bent etc then he left when mclaren left - butterfield , Johnson anya were signed by Pearson without a DOF