New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

Johnson was a victim of his own price tag which wasnt his fault. Always thought he was a decent player, would 100% have him back, offers something we dont currently have.

Best mates with CKR too, I remember them saying at the end of the season on Instagram about finally being able to play at the same club as each other, could well be us.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

That's right, plus he'd be worth it. I think it's more to do with 'playing out' the announcements!

2 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Give it to him. Second year can be his transition into a coaching role.

Second year could be on RamsTV, giving him a showreel to present to commercial broadcasters, as that's where his ambitions lie.

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

Johnson was a victim of his own price tag which wasnt his fault. Always thought he was a decent player, would 100% have him back, offers something we dont currently have.

Best mates with CKR too, I remember them saying at the end of the season on Instagram about finally being able to play at the same club as each other, could well be us.

They played in the same youth team in East London I believe.

Johnson posted about how great it was to be playing on the same pitch as Colin last season, although on different teams obviously. I think he’s nailed on to sign with us and make that dream come true. Just need CKR to sign a new deal too ?

21 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Don't want to come across as greedy as we had a great start to the weekend with the takeover, the middle has piqued our interest with a few new signings/extensions, but it wouldn't half be nice to end it tomorrow with a few more!  Curtis can conclude proceedings in the new kit and armband followed by Rosenior talking about signing his 2 year deal (as thats what they all seem to be) and his plans to get us back into the Championship.

Its been a long time since we've been allowed to feel optimistic ?  

Liam is an interim appointment. Would love him to succeed and become permanent but for now won’t any contract extension be short term ?

8 minutes ago, Topram said:

Houraine in talks with hudds 

Given the restrictions we’re under, I’m not sure we want both Hourihane and Johnson anyway - they’re kind of similar players.  If we’re signing more midfielders, I’d take one of those and try and get someone a bit younger and a bit different.

41 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Davies to be announced last tomorrow night then after more renewals & new players are announced - Chester Hourihane Stearman CKR Davies

Let’s hope so, and Bradders back as well if rumours are true ???

42 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Nathaniel Mendez-Laing is potentially a great signing at this level, but he does come with baggage. I hope there's a clause in his contract that if he tests positive again the club has the right to dismiss him and he has to repay the wages paid out to him.

It may well be he's learnt his lesson and is a reformed character and can be a good influence on the youth. Let's hope so.

So did Ravel!!

11 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Huddlestone as well?.  Love Hourihane here but always likely to be above our wage limit and get better offers despite the rumours.

Grave error for us to let Huddleston go last time. Has he re-signed for Hull ? Jags is still older than he is ? 

34 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Bradley Johnson Hmmm. What would we think on that?

I got the impression he was quite settled in the area (maybe still lives here?). I think this  would only happen/make sense if Beilik and or Bird were off.

Think he would be a good player in L1 (adding some teeth to the midfield ?)

Looks as if I'm in the minority, but I'd be very disappointed if Johnson re-signs. Never rated him. The worst technique of any player in the squad, which at times cost us dearly. And I suggest "Derby City" was unforgivable. Not for me. I don't understand this weird fixation with bringing players back - Shinnie would be madness too. Move on, please.

9 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Grave error for us to let Huddleston go last time. Has he re-signed for Hull ? Jags is still older than he is ? 

We made him an offer and he preferred to spend 12 months on his arse.  Not sure what he wanted really.  He'd spent 4 months out getting injured taking a penalty.  Right decision at the time for me.