Are you glad to be a Derby fan?

IslandExile

Are you glad to be a Derby fan?  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

53 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

Weird isn’t it, you can change your gender nowadays, but you can’t change your affinity to your football team. It just is. 

Can you imagine the pain and suffering of those Forest fans who are born supporting the wrong club? The transition is hard for them, so much more than the physical operation removing the extra toes and fingers, but the years of nottingham supressing hormone treatments, the emotional damage of being shunned by the forest family, the discrimination, the horror of knowing they once supported the team by the side of the trent.

It's hard for them.

5 hours ago, Alpha said:

This doesn't feel like Derby County anymore

It's been burned down and then the scavengers came to take what the fire didn't. 

There's an empty feeling for me. Like a complete defeat. I expect relegation from League 1 but it's not just about that. 

I can accept tough times. Bad decisions, relegation, player sales, no money. This is so much worse than that. We're left with nothing to survive with. A couple of buildings and a badge. 

We can't even offer people who want to stay that contract. We can't focus on kits, transfer nonsense, fixtures and that often deluded optimistic thrill that comes with August. 

We're a business opportunity for a chancer. Quantuma have taken on the club and are so terrible that Mel Morris is asking his wife "was I as bad as them at this gig?"

Seeing Derby County in the news linked to the likes of CK, Alonso and some middle Eastern fella we can't even Google with any accuracy is horrible. Throwing ourselves at the mercy of characters like CK and Alonso. 

We're talking up Mike Ashley like he's alright. Spoilier; he's not. He's a tool. 

If the Devil bids we'll be like "yeah, but nobody ever gets cold in his realm. And he's kept that place ticking over nicely for 1bn years" 

Excited about a prospect? Gone. 

The lie we tell ourselves every year that we might actually be good? Gone.

The first world problems under Mac? The togetherness under Lamps? The budget battling of Clough? The inspiration of Rooney? The weighing up of Rowett? Having to like Billy Davies? All better places than now! 

Even Paul Jewell and Phil Brown were only utter rubbish

This isn't rubbish. We can't even gather enough players to be rubbish. Rubbish is literally what we hope to be. Cus the alternative is we don't exist. And to be honest it feels like we don't exist. We're going through all this to salvage a massive stadium that will be half closed soon, a badge and a history that can't be taken from us fans and means nothing to anyone else otherwise Chelsea wouldn't be the only club in the world suffering. 

Maybe tomorrow I'll feel different but Derby County means nothing right now. Its exhausting trying to focus on a football club that's so broken, consumed by greed and arrogance and being whored out to anybody who has a few quid to lose. 

Rubbish game anyway. With its stupid VAR and weird obsession of messing with rules that were fine when Augustus played for Roma. Blokes rolling around everywhere while the brains at the top can't figure out how to stop the cheating or what to do when they find racism. Just grand gestures made from their morning s**** that fix nothing. Clubs going out of business but let's do a European Super Duper League. Let's have this player worth £150m but that club couldn't pay a fraction of that to exist in our league. 

Let’s hope we can rise from the ashes and build back a stronger more solid club so we don’t have to feel like this again. I feel at the same point. I feel as a fan I am helpless to to anything or change anything. We have to rely on others to get us out of this mess and just to top it off it feels like the one ray of sunshine that came from all this has left us and that has hurt me.

4 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Let’s hope we can rise from the ashes and build back a stronger more solid club so we don’t have to feel like this again. I feel at the same point. I feel as a fan I am helpless to to anything or change anything. We have to rely on others to get us out of this mess and just to top it off it feels like the one ray of sunshine that came from all this has left us and that has hurt me.

Yeah 100%

Whatever people's opinions on Rooney as a manager are I think all can agree as a person he's a fighter. He's faced adversity so many times in his career and comes back swinging. He did feel the perfect fit for the position we're in. The guy everyone could rally around. Now he's chucked it in that's made you think who wants to inherit this mess? 

Who's out there that wants a 5-aside team in League 1 at short notice. Kick in the knackers isn't it? 

Always liked Rooney. Still do. Can see more reasons for him to go than stay. But really feel quite angry at him. He's done what's best for him but it's not what's best for Derby

I was born within spitting distance of Old Trafford and have deprived myself of years of reflected glory, in turning my back on Man Ure at the age of 4 when we moved to Burton on Trent.  I love this great club of ours and have lived through the ups and downs . I sense we are about to be reborn and it’s going to be an exciting ride. UTR.

I must've badly phrased the question in this poll because a few of you have misinterpreted my intending meaning.

I was not asking anyone to switch allegiances to another club. Not at all. No way. Derby 'til we die and all that.

BUT after all the turmoil of the past few seasons, I just wondered how many folks had a longing for Derby County to spend a few years in mid-table mediocrity/obscurity with not a lot happening.

Or do you enjoy the roller coaster ride of incredible highs (we had some great moments this past season on and off the pitch - the late winners/equalisers, the march especially) in addition to the lows - the absolute despair and very real fear of losing the club?

It's never dull being a Derby fan but do you wish it was dull, at least for a year or two?

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

I must've badly phrased the question in this poll because a few of you have misinterpreted my intending meaning.

I was not asking anyone to switch allegiances to another club. Not at all. No way. Derby 'til we die and all that.

BUT after all the turmoil of the past few seasons, I just wondered how many folks had a longing for Derby County to spend a few years in mid-table mediocrity/obscurity with not a lot happening.

Or do you enjoy the roller coaster ride of incredible highs (we had some great moments this past season on and off the pitch - the late winners/equalisers, the march especially) in addition to the lows - the absolute despair and very real fear of losing the club?

It's never dull being a Derby fan but do you wish it was dull, at least for a year or two?

We are better when we are up against it.

Derby folk are fairly easy going, don't get too excited generally speaking unless someone gives it the big un, then we take a step forward and take it to em. 

Thats what happened last season. Thats what we will take in to next season.

Roller coaster for me...big highs, low lows.....but we will be there, whatever, my philosophy will always be "as you walk into Derby, your hearts will skip a beat"...

7 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

We are better when we are up against it.

Derby folk are fairly easy going, don't get too excited generally speaking unless someone gives it the big un, then we take a step forward and take it to em. 

Thats what happened last season. Thats what we will take in to next season.

Roller coaster for me...big highs, low lows.....but we will be there, whatever, my philosophy will always be "as you walk into Derby, your hearts will skip a beat"...

100%

You're only a fan if you've been to every home and away game for the past ten seasons I've been told apparently.

So unless you fall into this category you don't qualify to have an opinion on anything to do with the club full stop according to at least 2 posters on here ?

Edited by Tyler Durden

On 25/06/2022 at 07:38, Mucker1884 said:

After all this time and effort, truth is I simply can't be arsed to change now... or even dream of changing!  Just plod on.  Hopefully my days will end before Derby's, so I end up a lifer!
After years of being an Ossie-Ender, and then a SE Corner-ite (When South Stand was still away fans), I'm now sat in the dull NE corner, and do you know what... I can't even be arsed to change my seat, so what chance of changing my club!  ?

We sit in the NE corner, thanks for calling us dull.

27 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

We sit in the NE corner, thanks for calling us dull.

I meant "In receipt of next to no sunshine, regardless of the time of year or kick-off time" not "Lacking interest or excitement"!  ?

I'm actually very comfortable with where I sit, the view, and with the folk around me, but that wouldn't have been such an entertaining post!  ??

44 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

You're only a fan if you've been to every home and away game for the past ten seasons I've been told apparently.

So unless you fall into this category you don't qualify to have an opinion on anything to do with the club full stop according to at least 2 posters on here ?

Where have you heard this apart from in your own head.